Chicago, IL

Hey everyone! I used to be a big part of 8bc but its broken for me so now I found this and couldn't be happier. I will post some of my music right here in links to my youtube. I have many more songs just mp3 format but I wanted to get a few opinions first and get a feel for this site.

Super Cosby 64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wztzRCr … ure=relmfu

Thank you all for checking this out and I hope to hear from people soon!

Enjoy!

Lexington, KY

What's an 8bc? That's a non-thing.

When I was your age we used to play STICKBALL.

KC

the hospitality around here is awesome

Tulsa, OK

Pretty sweet; but I do not understand the Mario or Cosby reference

Texas

Great song, but the Cosby picture is just hilarious.

Chicago, IL

First off thank you everyone and lol! Yeah I name my songs very random things just a habit I have. Solarbear 8bc a.k.a. eight bit collective was a chip music forum and sharing site very similar to this one.

=]

São Paulo, Brazil
ChiBear wrote:

Solarbear 8bc a.k.a. eight bit collective was a chip music forum and sharing site very similar to this one.

lol

Lexington, KY
ChiBear wrote:

Solarbear 8bc a.k.a. eight bit collective was a chip music forum and sharing site very similar to this one.

First rule of Figh.....chipmusic.org:
You do not talk about 8bc.

heart Welcome to your new home, brethren.

Rochester, NY

definitely need sarcasm punctuation

Lexington, KY
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

definitely need sarcasm punctuation

I feel like a dick now, haha.

Rochester, NY

so I finally listened so here's some criticism

opinion: it's boring (your melody) and it's boring (because it's repetitive)

you fade in some drum sounds halfway through but nothing changes melodically or structurally

if I wanted to listen to a loop I could put on the cave story soundtrack

or any other game soundtrack I only said cave story because I played it recently and it has some very good loops but lots of games have good loops

like, look at the mario brothers they had good loops

so yeah that's what I feel in my heart and I hope this isn't representative of your body of work because this wasn't very good (in my opinion maybe other people like it idk you said 8bc liked it)

SO I listened to it again after I typed all that out it sounds like you add another melody on top halfway through but you're not using different instruments so I can't really hear any of the changes you possibly made

so I stand by what I said don't take it too harsh broseph

Chicago, IL

No offense taken at all, I just wanted to get an honest opinion from the members here and that what you did. I respect it and will keep it in mind for the next songs that I work on.

Would you mind linking an example of a song that you find to be excellent in all of the aspects that I fell short (a good song in your opinion)?

Eight Bit makes me sick all hail Chipmusic =P

.FILTHadelphia
Solarbear wrote:
ChiBear wrote:

First rule of Figh.....chipmusic.org:
You do not talk about 8bc.

heart Welcome to your new home, brethren.

I'm pretty sure the rule is: "If 8bc is mentioned in any post or you just feel like it, proceed to rag on the the community even though most of the people who were there are here now."

I've never understood the hate, I still don't. 8bc was a'ight.

Rochester, NY
ChiBear wrote:

Would you mind linking an example of a song that you find to be excellent in all of the aspects that I fell short (a good song in your opinion)?

I would be happy to list several examples.  Keep in mind these are the kind of things I like, but what makes a "good" song is completely dependent on the person.  You can whatever style of music you want.

› Show Spoiler

I've listed only artists that use Gameboys (computer in the case of Octapus), but personally I like musicians that combine that sound with other, "normal" instruments.  But these guys I listed, and even more, are capable of making tons of interesting stuff using just one Gameboy.

What are you using to make your songs?  Just curious; obviously you don't have to use a gameboy

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Apr 24, 2012 3:22 am)

shanghai

eight bit collective was a chip music forum and sharing site very similar to this one