It's just a VGM cover?

Boston, MA
an0va wrote:

It's just a VGM cover?

understatement of the century

I know The Advantage and Hella, but claiming that piece is anything but just a straight up well-done VGM cover of The Moon is silly. If "nintendocore" even exists and the archetype is (the awful) HORSE the band, that song just doesn't fit into the mold. o_O

Riverside, CA

Thread is tl;dr, but I'm sure it's nothing but elitist h8.

I have a blackened death metal/deathcore project with a buddy of mine that's just LSDJ + vocals, it's pretty cool imo.
We were recording an album (just needed to record vocals) but he's been in jail for a couple months, and I'm not sure when he's getting out sad
But yeah, I'd say Nintendocore is pretty dead now.

Our page, for anyone interested... (Shameless self plug? Damn right.)

Rochester, NY

if there's anything I've learned about cm.o it's that it's not cm.o without unbridled hatred, massive circlejerking, and elitist pig talk

so I feel like I really fit in with you guys

The Silph Scope wrote:

I have a blackened death metal/deathcore project with a buddy of mine that's just LSDJ + vocals, it's pretty cool imo.
We were recording an album (just needed to record vocals) but he's been in jail for a couple months, and I'm not sure when he's getting out sad

this reminded me of the poker ad on 8bc, where th3 only relevance is the word chips

edit: spells

Last edited by Je Mappelle (May 1, 2012 3:01 am)

Nottingham, UK
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

if there's anything I've learned about cm.o it's that it's not cm.o without unbridled hatred, massive circlejerking, and elitist pig talk

so I feel like I really fit in with you guys

If you replace "LSDJ" with "Gibson", "Nanoloop" with fender, and Ant1 with Kensai, it's exactly like being on ultimate guitar when I was 17. I'm getting used to this place. I feel like I understand it.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (May 1, 2012 12:35 pm)

Unsubscribe
Victory Road wrote:

yeah even ben gibbard ditched those big bad hipster frames like 5 years ago

im saying is that those are REGULAR FUCKING GLASSES. THEY ARE BASICALLY THE ONLY KIND YOU CAN HAVE CHEAP NOW. ALL GLASSES ARE FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Gosford, Australia

to me it's always been that regular glasses are this sort of thing, like as long as i've ever recognised that glasses as a thing. i got a new pair late last year and most of the budget pairs were pretty much exactly like that except for like three pairs with thicker rims. there were lots of expensive pairs with thick rims too. i ended up getting a pair that are about as square as steve urkel anyway that is my story.

Abandoned on Fire
The Silph Scope wrote:

Off topic, but, get at me when you start making some more progress on this.  Or if you decide you'd like to try and finish it up with a different vocalist I could help with that as well.

Chicago

My experience with nintendocore with nearly every band I've heard has been poop. There's either horrible guitar tone, horrible vocals, or poorly programed 'chip'. There's a difference from being an elitist and desiring at least decent guitar tones.
That said, I don't think I've heard any of the bands listed on this thread.
I'll check out everyone's recommendations.
I really want to find nintendocore I can like. It's hard.

Boston, MA
an0va wrote:

I know The Advantage and Hella, but claiming that piece is anything but just a straight up well-done VGM cover of The Moon is silly. If "nintendocore" even exists and the archetype is (the awful) HORSE the band, that song just doesn't fit into the mold. o_O

if "nintendocore" is such a loosely defined non-genre, it's hard to really say anything definitive here. all i can say is that i grew up calling bands like the advantage and minibosses nintendocore. i don't think i've ever heard a track by HORSE the band.

Last edited by campbell (May 1, 2012 3:51 pm)

Rochester, NY

Someone once compared us to HORSE the Band but I had never listened before

I remember it not being horrible but not being amazing, either

Chicago

tada
the breakdown at the end is perfection

campbell wrote:

if "nintendocore" is such a loosely defined non-genre, it's hard to really say anything definitive here. all i can say is that i grew up calling bands like the advantage and minibosses nintendocore. i don't think i've ever heard a track by HORSE the band.

Weird. That wiki article has some serious identity crisis-it IS really loosely defined. I always assumed that HORSE the band was the archetype of it, because then it would be "nintendo" + "hardcore." You know, that would actually make sense. But if people are throwing straight VGM covers into the foray, than that's just stupid IMO. The Depreciation Guild's in there too? The entire context of what I thought the word "core" means is just thrown out. Oh well!

AANABAY01

can you get a restraining order against someone you have never met