Ahoi!

i'm new into dmg modding and want to rebuild this gameboy:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Game-Bo … 4cff911eb4
the description says, it got pink backlights, but the backlights you can buy at the nonfinite or kitschbent store are much lighter. I just thought they could be inverted ones, but as you can see in the picture the nintendo logo is even darker. Any clues which backlights these are or where to buy them?

Gosford, Australia

It looks just like a regular old pink v3 backlight to be honest! It's hard to take good photos of the backlights so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a less-than-ideal photo.

My jaw hit the floor when I saw the price they're charging for it though... That can't be right, can it?

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am)

Sydney, NSW

$170?! Dude, that's insanely expensive, WAY TOO MUCH.

i can't imagine of anyone buying this big_smile I'm mean, there are sites where you can order a custom gameboy which the case, leds, buttons and mods you like for 90$. unfortunately, i don't have 90 bucks so i'll do it by my own.

matt's mind

since all those buttons came from the KB shop, i'm going to go out on a limb and say thats a pink backlight from us.  same thing.  should be LEDx3 (vb) pink/normal.

any brightness differences are more-than-likely due to the exposure time of the picture.  i just have my camera set to auto pretty much, and don't tweak the images.  its probably just the exposure, the ambient light at the time of the photo, stuff like that...

USA

I use one of the LEDx3 (vb) pink/normal backlight from Kitsch-Bent pretty-much everyday inside my favorite Black DMG and I LOVE it!

The color is more of a peach than a pink and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Kitsch, Thank you so much!

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm)

Texas

$170.00EU is crazy expensive.
I don't see anyone buying this unless it's around $110.00EU or maybe even less.

Last edited by 8-Bit Vic (Apr 30, 2012 7:35 pm)

matt's mind
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Kitsch, Thank you so much!

more colors soon!  working them out right now wink  one is pretty unreal...

Utah
kitsch wrote:

I hope one is a black light, that would unbelievable.

USA
The Laohu wrote:
kitsch wrote:

I hope one is a black light, that would *be* unbelievable.

^ That would be awesome and totally possible.

I wonder if staring at ultraviolet LEDs for hours on end would make you feel all woozy?

Its probably bad for your health but I guess that might make them cool, like cigarettes.

KC
SurfaceDragon wrote:

that might make them cool, like cigarettes.

wow LOL

How about infrared!

So you won't be able to see it, but it will turn on your tv and drive your cat crazy.

matt's mind

well, you all are close, i'll just leave it at that....

USA

Is it a Strobe-Backlight that flashes or changes colors to the beat of a song?

Actually you don't have to answer, I kind-of like this excitement that the anticipation is giving me.

If Kitsch thinks that it looks "pretty unreal" I already want one.

Kitsch - Can you please set one aside for my next order, Thank You!