Hey, composers! We’ve been making a game for Xbox Live Indie Games and PC called Murder Miners (It’s an online FPS with construction / destruction---Think Halo meets MineCraft. Check out some rough gameplay).

We’re looking for an awesome retro take in the style of the Halo main menu themes (E.g., H1, H2 ,H3, Reach) to play during the intro/title screen/menu. We don’t want to be too specific here in order to give you some creative freedom, but we want something sort of “cerebral” like the Haloz, and ideally it would pick up at some point near the beginning into something more epic/heavy. Another reference could be the Metroid title music, although that’s pretty simple. Something more complex like Bits with Byte would be great (but might be too upbeat). And it doesn’t have to be purely 8bit/16bit chiptune stuff. It can have some modern flare to it if you think it fits. The length is really up to you, but obviously we wouldn’t want something only 45 seconds long or so.

Email us your submission(s) at [email protected] if you have something we might like. If we want to use it, we’ll give you $500.

(You obviously retain all rights to your submissions. However, we ask that the accepted track be kept exclusive to our game for at least 6 months after its release.)

matt's mind

this looks like a lot of fun!

.FILTHadelphia

No PSN love?

Utah

Any sort of timeline/deadline for submissions or will you just take the first one that you like?

The Laohu wrote:

Any sort of timeline/deadline for submissions or will you just take the first one that you like?

Oh yeah, we don't have a concrete deadline yet. The game won't be released for another 1-2 months probably. Once it gets close, we'll post a deadline (unless we've already gotten a track that's just absolutely perfect that we definitely want).

defiantsystems wrote:

No PSN love?

If they had an open platform we totally would!

.FILTHadelphia
JForceGames wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

No PSN love?

Never knew that, breaks my PS<3 a bit.

Westfield, NJ
defiantsystems wrote:
JForceGames wrote:

Never knew that, breaks my PS<3 a bit.

Yeah, simply put, XNA, which is Microsoft's toolset & runtime environment for game development, is a dream to work with compared to the expensive, closed source stuff offered by Sony & Nintendo.

buffalo, NY

I can do that

BK
danimal cannon wrote:

I can do that

thought about trying, saw this, realized the odds were against me. go get 'em Danimal!

Utah
Kris k wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

I can do that

thought about trying, saw this, realized the odds were against me. go get 'em Danimal!

C'mon Kris, give it a shot. Just because Danimal is practically chipDiety doesn't mean you won't create something cool. A little competition gets the creative juices flowing!

buffalo, NY

halfway done with mine.

Utah
danimal cannon wrote:

halfway done with mine.

Aw snap, Danimal always brings his 'A' game!

brooklyn

I'll be attempting to pull something together too... once I get done with these darn finals......

Detroit, MI

Might as well give it a shot...

Utah

Finished yet, Danimal?