I am DJ Turac, and I am the writer from the Indie game studio Lone Hamster.
We are currently devising our first game, called TSHASUDFDMO4RE (The Super hack-and-slash ultra-dragon fighter deluxe mania omega 4 revised edition) set in the world of Shasu. Despite It's name, it is the first in the (maybe) series.
The game is a side scrolling platformer hack and slash RPG.
We need music for it.
I will be able to write some, but I need to also write the entire story, character descriptions, item descriptions and dialogue, as well as give the programmers a hand, so I have a fair amount to juggle around, not including writing all the music for it.
So with expressed permission from the moderators, I would like to request the members of chipmusic.org that wish to make music to go on the game to do so. I will only use music with permission by both the writer and the moderators. I will not use any tracks that are already on the forum.
All artists of music that is accepted will have their names and song titles added to the credits, and once the game is finished I will post a link onto this discussion that will allow any member of chipmusic.org to download the game for free.
I may be bending some of the site regulations sightly, with a word from the moderators, I will remove this discussion.
(Footnote: if you submit music but it is not included in the game, you're name will not appear on the credits, but if we create a website eventually [probable] you're name and track name will appear there)

Last edited by DJ Turac (May 3, 2012 9:17 am)

Also, is there a way that I can change the forum name, or for the moderators to change it for me? I can't find a way, and the discussion title is definitely not descriptive enough.

DJ Turac wrote:

Also, is there a way that I can change the forum name, or for the moderators to change it for me? I can't find a way, and the discussion title is definitely not descriptive enough.

Cancel that, I worked out how to do it.
The previous title was: Like making music?
See my point?

Last edited by DJ Turac (May 3, 2012 8:42 am)

Also, with expressed permission from the director of Lone Hamster Software.co (let's just call it LHS from now on), I may be able to include a certain amount of the community in the Beta testing of the game once it is out. The final version will be either open or sold to the public, but only registered members of Chipmusic.org who have submitted music may receive an invitation to be included in the beta testing. if you are included, you're name will also be mentioned under 'Beta Tester'.

Last edited by DJ Turac (May 3, 2012 9:12 am)

The Alpha is scheduled in 10 weeks, so it would be good if I could start getting submits anytime from now to 5 weeks time. If you wish to submit music after that, we will not complain, but it will have less chance of being included.

Last edited by DJ Turac (May 3, 2012 9:19 am)

Sweden

If you aren't offering artists any money (in case you decide to go for a commercial game release), you could at least give some more detailed information about the game. I think that the offer, and the way you put it, will at best attract a bunch of mediocre artists interested in the publicity opportunity, and you could end up with a haphazard and disjointed collection of bad music. In the end I think it's better if you do it yourself after all, or pay someone good to do a coherent soundtrack.

UK
boomlinde wrote:

If you aren't offering artists any money (in case you decide to go for a commercial game release), you could at least give some more detailed information about the game. I think that the offer, and the way you put it, will at best attract a bunch of mediocre artists interested in the publicity opportunity, and you could end up with a haphazard and disjointed collection of bad music. In the end I think it's better if you do it yourself after all, or pay someone good to do a coherent soundtrack.

this should be the default response to these kinds of threads.

shanghai
firebrandboy wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

this should be the default response to these kinds of threads.

New York City
boomlinde wrote:

Spot on.

Scotland

Hi, I'm releasing my first album (so no-one's ever heard of me) and I'm looking for someone to make an entire game surrounding this music (you won't get to hear it, you just need to make the game). I could program the game myself but with writing, recording and mastering the album I don't have time. I won't be using any games already available to the public, so you need to make an entirely new game. Programmers who make a game may not be used at all (yeah, I have a very particular style in mind, but I won't tell you what it is) but you will be shown in a footnote and everyone on your forum (who already know who you are if you're worth your weight in salt) will get a download of your music.

This is a great opportunity for everyone involved. Well, it's a good opportunity for me to get some free labour, so, you should just do it. And if you don't, someone less talented and more eager to please will jump on board. For justice!

PS - Catchy game title. No-one's going to remember it.

Rochester, NY

That should be the default response.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Everyone's in luck, I happen to have a complete game soundtrack that I did last night. (When i'm bored, I make soundtracks)
I hope your game is about slashing bunnies.

Also I have a game that doesn't have a soundtrack yet. Weird right? There you go, Mr. Shallow. It's about q-tips.

Problem solved. Everyone's happy.

EDIT: what? Your game has dragons? Phooie.

Auxcide wrote:

Everyone's in luck, I happen to have a complete game soundtrack that I did last night. (When i'm bored, I make soundtracks)
I hope your game is about slashing bunnies.

Also I have a game that doesn't have a soundtrack yet. Weird right? There you go, Mr. Shallow. It's about q-tips.

Problem solved. Everyone's happy.

EDIT: what? Your game has dragons? Phooie.

It doesn't actually have any dragons (yet). We just wanted to make the title longer.

We almost certainly will not be selling this, and we are making the game entirely with freeware or programs that people already own, so if we hired someone to do the soundtrack, we would be running at a loss.
The offer still stands.

Rochester, NY

Then I guess you'll have to look elsewhere.  You'll be hard pressed to find anyone here who has such low self-worth that they think commissioned work should be free, much less for a mostly undefined game as this one.

I wish you the best.

Gosford, Australia

here i found some takers