Sheffield, UK

why are there so many chip musicians that are comeplete assholes to each other and everyone?

surely in a genre so small everyone would want to get on and try and help each other progress and learn as much as possible?

i really dont understand this!

cant people just get a grip?

(no offence to people that arent 'tards. i know there are a few of you)

uhajdafdfdfa

There are so many chip musicians who are really nice and great guys, which is why up until now, this forum had no whining threads like this one. Every chip musician I've spoken to pretty much has been a really nice, friendly, helpful person.

Lighten up a bit! smile

I've found that chipmusicians are a pretty good sort, man. Maybe it's just that I'm in Australia, and we're a tiny scene, but all the kids I've met IRL have been absolutely excellent -- a much better group than many others I've known. Clearly Australia is the place to be!

If you're referring to online personality, any community has its asses. People get impatient and they get arrogant, esp. with the freedom that internet anonymity brings. Ignore the dickheads, chill out a little, and you'll feel the love.

Sheffield, UK

nah dont get me wrong, i know there are loads of people that are ace!

just wondered if anyone had any amazing and comical reasons as to why some chip artists are nobs big_smile

Chicago IL

i think its because only people with certain DNA traits are allowed to make chipmusic. thats why everyone has the same personality type, instead of being a bunch of random human beings that happen to make the same music

Sheffield, UK
Saskrotch wrote:

i think its because only people with certain DNA traits are allowed to make chipmusic. thats why everyone has the same personality type, instead of being a bunch of random human beings that happen to make the same music

hahaha brilliant!!!!!

Maybe it's because there are stupid kids trying to be "cool" and "hip" in this scene.

I dunno. That sometimes pisses me off but usually I'm too lazy to write a spiteful post.

lolusa

All the ones I have met have been extremely nice.
Are they all assholes in the UK?

Sheffield, UK

nah man, most of the uk guys are awesome.

i think its just the "desperately trying to be cool kids" that send me insane.

haha

Roanoke, VA

I can't back up your experiences myself, but since you're looking for "reasons," I'll take a wild stab.

Maybe a cumulatively developing reactive personality-type, based upon youthful social-outcasting.  This latter part could have gone hand-in-hand with societally 'frowned-upon' pursuits, such as video-games in this case.  After enough time spent delving intently into a niched subculture, maybe this reactive personality could manifest in a superiority complex, based upon that inferiority complex from youth.  ..Especially with the internet's great searching ability, perhaps some people just don't think any repeated questions are valid beyond a certain point.

orgwell wrote:

I can't back up your experiences myself, but since you're looking for "reasons," I'll take a wild stab.

Maybe a cumulatively developing reactive personality-type, based upon youthful social-outcasting.  This latter part could have gone hand-in-hand with societally 'frowned-upon' pursuits, such as video-games in this case.  After enough time spent delving intently into a niched subculture, maybe this reactive personality could manifest in a superiority complex, based upon that inferiority complex from youth.  ..Especially with the internet's great searching ability, perhaps some people just don't think any repeated questions are valid beyond a certain point.

You should tape this to the back of your thesaurus.

New York City

Surely calling people "nobs" and "assholes" sets the example you supposedly want to show, right?
Since you don't call them out as anyone with courage would do, the question remains: do you really know these people or are you just calling them names without even giving them the chance of meeting them? Who is the "nob"?

Tsk tsk, this thread should have been posted in ukhairtunecollective. This forum is mighty nice and ace.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 13, 2010 3:12 am)

Sheffield, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

Surely calling people "nobs" and "assholes" sets the example you supposedly want to show, right?
Since you don't call them out as anyone with courage would do, the question remains: do you really know these people or are you just calling them names without even giving them the chance of meeting them? Who is the "nob"?

Tsk tsk, this thread should have been posted in ukhairtunecolelctive.

what?

do you even understand what i said?

no, i havent met these people, i just go off what they have said to me and others i know.

thanks for your input tho. helped shed a litle light on the situation for me.

I also wanted to add that every single chipmusician I've ever met has been extremely nice, with the exception of one (and if you're wondering if it's you then it definitely is... Michael). You simply have the misfortune of cold-reading everyone's opinions via the internet.

There are, however, a lot of people surrounding the chipscene that don't make this music that are just horrible people, deserving of all the italics I can throw on adjectives.

Last edited by PlainFlavored (Feb 13, 2010 3:18 am)

Roanoke, VA
PlainFlavored wrote:

You should tape this to the back of your thesaurus.

My bad, I'll use smaller words next time.

New York City
Alucard wrote:

do you even understand what i said?

Yes, you posted a thread asking why certain people you didn't dare to mention are "assholes" and "nobs", with the interestingly paradoxical approach of being an asshole to them by calling them names ("asshole","nob"), people, we might add, you don't even know.

Are you setting a good example? Insted of being the person opposite of what you supposedly don't like, you commit the same "crime" you complain about.

It's the first time someone calls someone else an "asshole" in here. Congrats.