Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!

There's been discussion about the format for the "official open mic" on the facebook event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/183401848449295
It seems that people are worried about coming a long way without being able to publicly perform material. I'm starting this thread to see if we can have our own musical show and tell during the daylight hours of the weekend so everyone can share a song (mayhaps, two). What we'd need is:

-A place to host us
-An amplifier or PA system
-Mixers or a means of input

I think a lunchtime musicshare would be a great way to pull people together outside of the formal theater.
Time's against us, but can New York work with me to bring this to fruition?

NYC

So I jokingly offered apt - but that's actually a real offer, I'm pretty near Wash Sq. but I would need to figure out PA. Mixer I could hook up.

I know the staff at Next Level Arcade down in Brooklyn, and they have a PA. I could talk to them to see if they'd be down? They also have some music games, SSF4 and some candy cabs, so maybe we could coordinate some mini-event.
The only thing is that I'm out of town until right before the show, but I could look into it remotely.

Unsubscribe

Please take time to sleep shower and eat between blip blocks.

Last edited by herr_prof (May 7, 2012 3:34 am)

Westfield, NJ

don't rule out an open mic busk.

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!
Decktonic wrote:

don't rule out an open mic busk.

Rule it out?! I WELCOME it!!! If there's a place to plug in and someone with gear to lend, I will help set up, facilitate, tear down, and return when it's done.

hadokenstyle wrote:

So I jokingly offered apt - but that's actually a real offer, I'm pretty near Wash Sq. but I would need to figure out PA. Mixer I could hook up.

I know the staff at Next Level Arcade down in Brooklyn, and they have a PA. I could talk to them to see if they'd be down? They also have some music games, SSF4 and some candy cabs, so maybe we could coordinate some mini-event.
The only thing is that I'm out of town until right before the show, but I could look into it remotely.

Be careful when you joke to passionate people tongue
Yes, by all means. If you pitch it to them and they're sympathetic to the cause, I will pass you my phone number and I'll start preparing with them. Same promise:  I will help set up, facilitate, tear down, and return when it's done. I can't do it alone, but I am happy to do much of the leg work.

Washington DC
herr_prof wrote:

Neo Jersey
herr_prof wrote:

eating, showering, and sleeping are for the weak.

Rochester, NY

No, that stuff is for people who aren't dummies

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (May 7, 2012 10:34 pm)

vancouver, canada

on a serious note, last year at blip i did find myself within smelling vicinity of quite a few people who really could have used a shower, mint, and/or change of clothes.

go on a hunger strike if you must, but keep a reasonable standard of hygiene and try not to stank up the place peoples!

IL, US

i'll admit, i took extra showers last blip to make up for all those showers other people werent taking.. that, and that the bathroom had a skylight above the shower and it was kind of awesome to space out looking at the sky while taking a shower

Chicago IL

yeah if you people showered more the blip 08 after party wouldn't have had that thick layer of dick musk in the air

brooklyn!
Saskrotch wrote:

yeah if you people showered more the blip 08 after party wouldn't have had that thick layer of dick musk in the air

WORTH IT

Westfield, NJ
bryface wrote:

on a serious note, last year at blip i did find myself within smelling vicinity of quite a few people who really could have used a shower, mint, and/or change of clothes.

go on a hunger strike if you must, but keep a reasonable standard of hygiene and try not to stank up the place peoples!

i went to a dubstep show once and compared to that, blip smells like a bottle of febreze.

matt's mind
ultraturducken wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

dick musk in the air

bliptesticle

blipfesticle

vancouver, canada
Decktonic wrote:

i went to a dubstep show once and compared to that, blip smells like a bottle of febreze.

oh right the smell, that's mainly from dubstep being terrible music

OLOLOLOLO

New York City
Saskrotch wrote:

Remember that? God damnit xDDD