Los Angeles

"Sound: 2 square wave generators, 1 PCM 4-bit wave sample (64 4-bit samples played in 1x64 bank or 2x32 bank) channel, 1 noise generator, and one audio input from the cartridge."

Has anyone figured out how to tap that one extra audio input from the cartridge yet?

sweden

Yes. Use pin 31.

Chicago IL

wasn't there a nanoloop cart that did that?

IL, US

Yeah,  nanoloop 1.5 used it

Los Angeles

I wish LSDJ used it!

Chicago IL

Unless johan decides to start manufacturing carts with an expansion chip, it won't happen.

rochester, ny

technically, it could provide many more channels of audio to a gameboy program, right?

Los Angeles

It would be great to make a cart with a SID chip on the board. Then run the 3 channels of SID audio out the 1 line to the DMG, with LSDJ running all 7 channels! FRANKENCHIP!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (May 10, 2012 6:44 pm)

sweden
8bitweapon wrote:

It wold be great to make a cart with a SID chip on the board. Then run the SID audio out the 1 line to the DMG, with LSDJ running 7 channels! FRANKENCHIP!

This has been my cream dream since i heard about the vin input.

Milwaukee Area, WI

What would audio input provide in a tracker like LSDJ?

Chicago IL

It's not like an audio in, like a mic input, it means that the DMG can take sound from an external sound chip if it's inside a GB cartdige, like the VR6/7 expansion chips for the NES.

edit:

Specifically for LSDJ, nothing. It's designed to be used on re-programmable cartridges, which don't have expansion chips. If there was either a) a re-programmable cart with an expansion chip or b) Johan started manufacturing carts with an expansion chip, then it would have a use with LSDJ, but only if he wrote a version specifically for writing with that chip.

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 10, 2012 7:26 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
Moriokun wrote:

What would audio input provide in a tracker like LSDJ?

Anything from simple play-through to FM style modulation.  Would take additional hardware as saskrotch mentioned tho.

Audio input, most likely

;P

rochester, ny
8bitweapon wrote:

It would be great to make a cart with a SID chip on the board. Then run the 3 channels of SID audio out the 1 line to the DMG, with LSDJ running all 7 channels! FRANKENCHIP!

i wonder if the gameboy's cpu is powerful enough to play all that music at once.

Cleveland, OH
nickmaynard wrote:
8bitweapon wrote:

i wonder if the gameboy's cpu is powerful enough to play all that music at once.

CGB might.

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm)