San Angelo, TX

If someone could link me to a tutorial that would be cool, I'd love to build my own!
Also what modifications are possible to a cartridge you build yourself? IE: SD Flash Cart?

There's a set of YouTube videos on how to build your own 4mbit flash Cart with plcc socket. but you'll still need to buy a flasher either way (to program the mbit chip or the ic for your cart flasher). If you are looking to get something done cheaper than buying a flash cart, it's pretty impossible. it's like 10$ to get the flash chips, 40 or so for a Willem programmer, you'll need flux, wrap wire, and a ton of time. there are no SD mods at this time, or probably ever.

San Angelo, TX

Well I'm not trying to make a cart because I can't afford or don't want to buy a USB flash cart,
I just want to make my own cart, and I've seen the pic socket GB cart an it looks ugly as fuck!
Plus I'd want a tad more memory, like 32 mbits 16 mbits
Is it not possible to do the SD card mod?
I'm thinking about emailing the people who created the powerpack SD and asking them a few questions as well as that guy who created the Gamegear flash cart
And as for the programmer?
Is it not possible to create one from parts of a DMG and some online parts?

Well you'll need to flash the code onto the flasher in order for the flasher to function. uh have you checked out this page:
http://www.reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm
And SD is a totally different thing. you need some sort of controller if I'm not mistaken. it wouldn't be impossible to make an sd flashcart for gameboy but the fact that you can only out components on one side of the pcb kills. also alternatively the 4mbit chip can be soldered internally and programmed from a flasher.

Power packs are compact flash, not sd. they are serial. and there are two flashers I am talking about. One being a cart flasher, and the other being a generic "flasher" to program the micro controller with the hex file

San Angelo, TX

PM'd you back man, its all good, i will figure it out!