Czech Republic

buffalo, NY

@an0va. It's better to waste a phrase than a table in that case.

I wonder if you can put a kill command before a note and make it K13 or something?  Probably not

Last edited by danimal cannon (May 15, 2012 7:54 am)

Gosford, Australia

yeah i think it might be like the D command in that regard (if you put say a D07 for a on one step and then place another note on the sttep after the D is cancelled out)

Washington / California

When I started out I used 40 as my blank chain.

I hadn't looked up any LSDJ guides and thus didn't know about kill commands, but found that if I put instrument 40 on a pulse channel that it went silent.

friend asked for my .sav to remix a song I wrote, he WTF'd and told me what was up

Hurrr durrrrrrr

Last edited by TERADAKTYLE (May 15, 2012 8:10 am)

Puerto Rico

I started using 00 and I found that after reading nitro's suggestion I used 7E as one, or two-phrase long blanks. I'd rarely need a kill command, but I guess I'd just double-tap A and whenever I need another one I double-tap A again.

rochester, ny
roboctopus wrote:

Yep.  7F with FE phrases, with K command at the top.  Always and forever.

heart

Boston, MA

00 but after reading 7F with FE phrases makes more sense

NC in the US of America

I started using 7F+FE because I figured I'd never use them all up to actually need anything that high.

double taps A, adds the K. What phrase was that? doesn't  give a shit.  XD

England
shitbird wrote:

yeah these guys have no sense of adventure.

buffalo, NY
Jellica wrote:
shitbird wrote:

only started mattering to me when I reached phrase FF and still wasn't finished. 

Only reached chain 7F one time though, because as long as you're using more than 2 phrases per chain you'll run out of phrases first.  I was just doing some hyper economization with transpositions for Moonlight Sonata, had to go back and rearrange everything to 8 phrases per chain.

I was actually expecting chains to also go to 256 (FF), oh well, only have to learn that once.

Last edited by danimal cannon (May 15, 2012 5:49 pm)

rochester, ny
danimal cannon wrote:
Jellica wrote:

only started mattering to me when I reached phrase FF and still wasn't finished. 

Only reached chain 7F one time though, because as long as you're using more than 2 phrases per chain you'll run out of phrases first.  I was just doing some hyper economization with transpositions for Moonlight Sonata, had to go back and rearrange everything to 8 phrases per chain.

I was actually expecting chains to also go to 256 (FF), oh well, only have to learn that once.

I remember you talking about reaching FF. Ever try the clean-up command in the menu? Clears all unused phrases, instruments, chains, etc.? I use it (rpg item management side-effect) and it typically keeps my digits pretty low.

But yr also doing a million more things than I am, so there's that...

Godzilladelph

If you glitch it right, you can reach FF in the chains window.

That being said, it's just a glitch, you can't actually use FF

San Francisco

7F for mute all the way!

Portland

FE for kill. FD for empty

00 just feels so empty.
It should contain 00 and 00 should contain nothing.