Space

I was bored last night and made a stencil of my yellow DMG. Maybe someone here can use it for something.

Nice!  Would probably make a cool shirt, at least.

USA

That image wouldn't work as a stencil.

Space
SurfaceDragon wrote:

It would with a few modifications when you print it out. I've already used it under a bridge near my house. wink

Tacoma, WA
buggy wrote:
SurfaceDragon wrote:

It would with a few modifications when you print it out. I've already used it under a bridge near my house. wink

lol... tag, your it!

Sweeeeeeden

Haha, prosound jack!

PCB mount pro sound?

Space
Apeshit wrote:

PCB mount pro sound?

Totally

Boston, MA
buggy wrote:

... I've already used it under a bridge near my house. wink

someones gettin up, gameboi crew would be GBC lolololol i love stencil + street art

USA

Here is the digital version of a DMG stencil that I drew up -

I made a "real" version of this stencil using a new pixelated-stencil making technique.

Unfortunately the "real" version of this stencil is at my brother's house in Tampa, FL and I don't have any pictures of it.

And I'm still trying to perfect my new pixelated-stencil making technique but the basic concept is to take a square-mesh-like material and mask-off the squares that you don't want paint to go through.

i freaking love graf!

never thought of any stencils though!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
SurfaceDragon wrote:

And I'm still trying to perfect my new pixelated-stencil making technique but the basic concept is to take a square-mesh-like material and mask-off the squares that you don't want paint to go through.

Had the same idea before.

West Yorks, UK

^^ yes guys its called screen printing smile

USA

I don't think you can screen-print urban landscapes with spray paint.

West Yorks, UK

i was just being facetious. its not outside the realms of possibilty to mix up some ink/ paint that would adhere to the surface and print an image on.

the problem i have with your idea (otherwise its very good) is that you'd basically need to stretch the mesh over a frame, and be very accurate with the masking, else you wouldnt get full pixels, but bits of them cut off. And if you were stratching it over a frame to make a screen, you may aswell just expose the image onto it like you would normally in screen printing, and then just spray spraypaint through the holes.

Last edited by Domu (May 16, 2012 4:18 pm)

West Yorks, UK

Silk-stenciling I call it wink