washington

Rubber, silicone, whatever it is. Essentially, the start and select buttons for my gameboy pocket. Anyway, what's the best way? Or, can you even paint them at all? I want them to match my buttons and backlight (lime green) and I can't find a company that makes MGB start/select buttons, much less green ones. Or if  you know where to buy some, that works too smile
Thanks
Dan

USA

I was going to try using RIT dye for the DMG's Start/Select buttons but I'm pretty sure that it won't work.

If you want to test my hypothesis just submerge the buttons in a bath of really hot water+acetone+Rit dye for 10-15min.

washington

I thought of dye, but dye only makes things darker, and the buttons are dark grey, so that wouldn't work for making bright green, but it's still a really cool idea if the buttons were originally white.

Cleveland, OH

If you're going to dye them then you want to use the light grey ones or even Kitsch-Bent's clear ones. But it will still probably rub off. I haven't been able to think of a good way to do this.
I know when you dye rubber or silicone it actually soaks into the material. So it will probably stay the color you want but it will rub off onto your thumbs.

washington

White ones would be cool too, but I can only find them for the DMG. Maybe I could melt it to fit...

Chicago IL
basspuddle wrote:

White ones would be cool too, but I can only find them for the DMG. Maybe I could melt it to fit...

that definitely doesn't sound like it would work