washington

I want one really bad. If you have one, or have played one, what do you think of it?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

The kaossilator's great. You'll get a lot of people who say it's a waste, but they're usually the people without imagination. It's a great tool if you're playing with other musicians too. I use it for street performances when I don't feel like lugging around keyboards or keytars or even drum machines. Are you planning on using it in conjunction with your own instruments? Cause that's the one thing I use it for the least, so I couldn't give much insight into that. Unless it's for short looped things.

Washington / California

A while ago I got a Kaossilator pro, and was annoyed that I couldn't edit the patches / add new patches, because of this I returned it. However recently someone told me that you can modify it for new patches- is this true?

I haveth not the kp pro. But from what I remember, you can't. Mebbee only edit the reverb or some other effect. But you cannot add new ones or remove them.

Last edited by Auxcide (May 20, 2012 6:42 am)

i played one and it was fun for the time, BUT

you can just never find the right time to use it, even if you do somehow figure out a way to put it in your song, it usually just will take away aesthetic, especially with chiptunes

would be easier to use with a non chiptune composition

consider it a toy more than anything

East Kilbride, Scotland
Je Mappelle wrote:

i played one and it was fun for the time, BUT

you can just never find the right time to use it, even if you do somehow figure out a way to put it in your song, it usually just will take away aesthetic, especially with chiptunes

would be easier to use with a non chiptune composition

consider it a toy more than anything

This was my experience of the product. You can't say it isn't value for money, as it is cheap technology. It was fun for a 15 minute jam at work on breaks, but I never found a use for it in a song. Sold it on quite quickly.

Atlanta

I feel like people that get kaossilators tend to use them way too much when the effect they use isn't really neessary. Cool gadget to play around with though

East Kilbride, Scotland
Girl Posse wrote:

I feel like people that get kaossilators tend to use them way too much when the effect they use isn't really neessary. Cool gadget to play around with though

Are you talking about the Kaossilator or the Kaoss Pad?

Gosford, Australia

i would personally find a midi-modded monotribe so much more useful
heart my monotron though, would never get rid of it. is the kaossilator just as much fun?

KC

I have the original kaossilator, kaossilator pro and the KP3

of all of them, the KP3 is the most useful, with its effects and sampling capability

due to the short amount of sample time that kind of limits you.

but they're just like any other instrument, gadget, device, they can be utilized creatively and tastefully if you know how to use them.

I like to just jam around with them but have never really used them in any songs I compose

sweden

Comparing the kaossilator with a kaoss pad seems a bit unfair maybe.

Yeah this was never about the kp. As that is a lot different in terms of usefulness and integration. I can never find a use for my kaossilator in actual Chiptune with my gameboys. But I can make some nice Chiptune-esque music with it, my microkorg, and my mini kp. I have a lot of 8bit like presets on the mk. Geez I have a lot of korg stuff tongue

Atlanta

Yeah i was talking about the pad. I wasn't aware there was a difference. All i've ever seen is the pad

Atlanta

EDIT:woops double post

Last edited by Girl Posse (May 20, 2012 6:39 pm)

Czech republic

edit: nevermind, I must be tired or dumb or something...

Last edited by ashimoke (May 20, 2012 6:56 pm)

Russia

I used Kaoss Pad 3, not Kaosscilator and I really happy to use it. ! great minuse it's volume of effect's (in Mini Kaoss PAD)