TSSBAY01

hey guys, just because people dont come forth and make themselves known about what they do, doesnt mean that people dont exist in your area that dont make the same kind of music. i've always considered this mindset super myopic. like everybody who makes music has to be performing shows, releasing it, putting out albums or eps or whatever to exist on your radar locally? what the hell's that about?

its also highly presumptuous to say 'yea nobody else is here', as if you arent more than a blip on anybody's radar as well. chipmusicians need to try actual experimentation and actively and aggressively set up shows with actual bands and electronic acts that arent just a bunch of people like yourselves making music with a gameboy or whatever if you want to be discovered, be it by people who will enjoy and appreciate your music, or people who are making music in your area. the single track opinions in this thread are harrowing.

what does it do to say 'yep nobody else around' and just assume thats the way it is? too much assuming in this community and the opinions in this thread are elementary. straight up, anybody who is going to say anylike like 'it used to be awesome and now its not', well you are clearly doing the opposite of trying to fortify and bring it back by posting about how shitty its become, arent you? the shit in this thread makes me sick.

Washington DC
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

its also highly presumptuous to say 'yea nobody else is here', as if you arent more than a blip on anybody's radar as well. chipmusicians need to try actual experimentation and actively and aggressively set up shows with actual bands and electronic acts that arent just a bunch of people like yourselves making music with a gameboy or whatever if you want to be discovered, be it by people who will enjoy and appreciate your music, or people who are making music in your area.

This is totally and completely something I need to start doing myself.

I've kind of kind of boned myself out of not really knowing anything about my local music scene because I spent so much time in the past 5 years pretty much only going to play or helping set up show outside of my own city cause that's where bleep bloop dudes were.

I really should start sticking my neck out in my own city more this year. If only for the experience.

New Albany Indiana

.... and here we go again...

Holland

hey guys, just because people dont come forth and make themselves known about what they do, doesnt mean that people dont exist in your area that dont make the same kind of music. i've always considered this mindset super myopic. like everybody who makes music has to be performing shows, releasing it, putting out albums or eps or whatever to exist on your radar locally? what the hell's that about?

its also highly presumptuous to say 'yea nobody else is here', as if you arent more than a blip on anybody's radar as well. chipmusicians need to try actual experimentation and actively and aggressively set up shows with actual bands and electronic acts that arent just a bunch of people like yourselves making music with a gameboy or whatever if you want to be discovered, be it by people who will enjoy and appreciate your music, or people who are making music in your area. the single track opinions in this thread are harrowing.

what does it do to say 'yep nobody else around' and just assume thats the way it is? too much assuming in this community and the opinions in this thread are elementary. straight up, anybody who is going to say anylike like 'it used to be awesome and now its not', well you are clearly doing the opposite of trying to fortify and bring it back by posting about how shitty its become, arent you? the shit in this thread makes me sick.

Yeah well, you can't call it much of a community when people "don't come forth and make themselves known about what they do" can you?

Los Angeles, CA

Sometimes the only way there is going to be a local chiptune community is if you get off your ass and create one.

xylo wrote:

People wanting to get in to LSDJ != people actually getting somewhere with it.

Now you jinxed it!

Nottingham, UK
Wizwars wrote:

Sometimes the only way there is going to be a local chiptune community is if you get off your ass and create one.

Los Angeles, CA

its also highly presumptuous to say 'yea nobody else is here', as if you arent more than a blip on anybody's radar as well.

Word.  I didn't know that I lived in the same nowhere town as freakin Solarbear until he threw a festival.  We're bros now, but if I had been paying more attention and trying to put myself out there more as opposed to just sitting around and not really trying, I could've gotten out of that funk a lot sooner.

And a third guy now rocking the sega master system.

UK

local.

Brunswick, GA USA

There's something contradictory about the last few posts but I think the moral is, don't complain that you're not meeting people if you aren't trying to meet people. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would this be the appropriate thread to see if anyone is based in Paris?
I know there's a small chiptune community back where I used to live. In fact PixelH8 and Henryhomesweet are from there I believe... But I never really went to any shows or anything.

New Albany Indiana
Wizwars wrote:

And people don't like me because of that.

I don't know any chiptune artists in my state. If there is a scene here, I haven't found it. North Carolina kinda sucks. Solo-ing it over here...

Alive and well in fucksville
an0va wrote:

We're a sleeping giant. wink

It is time to wake up now.

England
press_start wrote:

I don't know any chiptune artists in my state. If there is a scene here, I haven't found it. North Carolina kinda sucks. Solo-ing it over here...

why do they need to be chiptune artists ?

if there is anyone making electronic music in your area contact them!

if you make game boy techno or trance or whatever contact promoters who put these kind of acts/DJs on!

if you make rock/metal game boy music contact your local rock/metal promoter!

if you make pokemon/mario music then i dont know!

gogogog0g0gogo!

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 19, 2013 3:33 pm)