sweden
Imnikola wrote:

in my country we have officially 4 guys now.One lives in the same city as i do.One in a city 2 hours away.One is from my country but currently lives in Bratislava.

Is lukatoyboy one of them?

rochester, ny
Wizwars wrote:

Sometimes the only way there is going to be a local chiptune community is if you get off your ass and create one.

this is 100% my experience

New Albany Indiana
nickmaynard wrote:
Wizwars wrote:

Sometimes the only way there is going to be a local chiptune community is if you get off your ass and create one.

this is 100% my experience

Every time i try, i always get shut down when i bring my prompts to this site, but lately i think things are looking up smile

My friends/family always would tell me to put head phones off when i was listening to chip. But recently i took videos of stuff I've been working on and posted it on Instagram, and some of my friends we're quite impressed.

Me and Orin have been working on some stuff, and i have 2 friends who started to mess around with LSDj.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

Every time i try, i always get shut down when i bring my prompts to this site, but lately i think things are looking up smile

My friends/family always would tell me to put head phones off when i was listening to chip. But recently i took videos of stuff I've been working on and posted it on Instagram, and some of my friends we're quite impressed.

Me and Orin have been working on some stuff, and i have 2 friends who started to mess around with LSDj.

you're lucky, none of my friends really do chip, or care about it. The band doesn't mind it, but the vocalist hates my "fucking bleep bloop music"

Got a friend who loves retro games and the like, hardcore gamer if there ever was one. He said that if he had a decent pc (It's so slow it's a crime) he said he'd use famitracker.

Another mate of mine has a C64 and some other cool shiz that he would use to make chip if he still hung out with me, but his gf is a bitch. Actually no, he is his girlfriend's bitch, she won't let him hang out with anyone that she doesn't approve of, and she hates me.

It's quite hard to find fellow musicians, let alone chipmusicians, but I guess I should just try searching harder

My friends mostly acknowledge that I do chip music. My girlfriend is extremely supportive of my chipmusic stuff, going as far as making me custom Gameboy Color cases and watching BRKfest this year with me. She and I were good friends when we were like 6 years old, then she moved 200 miles away to another state. 12 years later we reconnect, and we like all the same stuff we did as kids. Turns out she was a big fan of VGM music and Anamanaguchi, now she's in love with Smiletron and Roboctopus, amongst many others. I couldn't be any luckier.

However, the rest of my state needs to wake up, it's mostly me and Roboctopus jamming out in our homes all alone. We should try and fix that at some point. Also, piecesofeight does sweet Famitracker stuff, and he's in state and also a bedroom chip dude.

New Albany Indiana
thebitman wrote:

My friends mostly acknowledge that I do chip music. My girlfriend is extremely supportive of my chipmusic stuff, going as far as making me custom Gameboy Color cases and watching BRKfest this year with me. She and I were good friends when we were like 6 years old, then she moved 200 miles away to another state. 12 years later we reconnect, and we like all the same stuff we did as kids. Turns out she was a big fan of VGM music and Anamanaguchi, now she's in love with Smiletron and Roboctopus, amongst many others. I couldn't be any luckier.

However, the rest of my state needs to wake up, it's mostly me and Roboctopus jamming out in our homes all alone. We should try and fix that at some point. Also, piecesofeight does sweet Famitracker stuff, and he's in state and also a bedroom chip dude.

She's a keeper.

Montana

As far I know, I'm the only one in Montana who does chip. I would like to find more people though. I was talking to a guy at a record store in Missoula who said they used to have some people who would play chip shows in the late 90's early 00's.

Douglas, Wyoming

I have a few friends who think it's neat and one who listen to some light chiptune entry level stuff, but none of them are at all interested in trying to make it. Most of the people I tell about it or show it to are like "that's pretty cool" but never really extends beyond that

MA

The chiptune community here [in Massachusetts] is terrible. I find many people that enjoy listening to my music when I just walk around town and play it at small stores when I'm looking for a cheep drink. But I haven't really found anyone that makes chiptune other than myself. Also I could of got a chance to play live but the Black Moon closed down so that ruined my chance to get known in my town sad

Brunswick, GA USA

Where in Massachusetts? There are more than a few you may have already heard of...

MA
chunter wrote:

Where in Massachusetts? There are more than a few you may have already heard of...

I currently live in Belchertown. I heard there were a few chipmusicians a few towns/cities over but when I tried looking, nobody knew anything/wouldn't tell me anything sad

IL, US

boston has a handful of artists, br1ght pr1mate, for one

NC in the US of America
Powerghost wrote:

But I haven't really found anyone that makes chiptune other than myself.

Monotron wrote:

but none of them are at all interested in trying to make it.

You know, maybe that's not such a horrible thing. You could be known as "that amiga/gameboy/nes/c64/whatever you use guy/girl" and use that to your advantage. Plus, not everyone who likes chipmusic has to make it (though it seems like a disproportionately large number of people who are really into it also produce it, lol). It's okay for fans to just be fans. If you write awesome stuff that touches the hearts of your listeners and is relevant to their personal experience then you will inspire more people to want to write it. They're not going start writing chipmusic just because it exists as a thing and you say "hey this is a thing".

MA
e.s.c. wrote:

boston has a handful of artists, br1ght pr1mate, for one

Boston is quite out of the way for me [Due to not being able to drive nor having a job]. But thankyou very much for letting me know where I can look for some smile

Puerto Rico

I can't believe , reading through this thread, that I found someone else from Puerto Rico. So that brings the grand total of chipmusicians in this island (that i know of) up to 4.

One moved out, the guy who posted here, a friend who's just starting , and me.

I believe that, like with every scene, if there's no space for you, then you have to create it. So that is the plan. The goal is to have something moving, perhaps even a free compilation EP for download by Christmastime.

Puerto Rico
SketchMan3 wrote:
Powerghost wrote:

But I haven't really found anyone that makes chiptune other than myself.

Monotron wrote:

but none of them are at all interested in trying to make it.

You know, maybe that's not such a horrible thing. You could be known as "that amiga/gameboy/nes/c64/whatever you use guy/girl" and use that to your advantage. Plus, not everyone who likes chipmusic has to make it (though it seems like a disproportionately large number of people who are really into it also produce it, lol). It's okay for fans to just be fans. If you write awesome stuff that touches the hearts of your listeners and is relevant to their personal experience then you will inspire more people to want to write it. They're not going start writing chipmusic just because it exists as a thing and you say "hey this is a thing".

^ This guy. This guy got it right.