Germany

Hello there,
I got a GB Transferer II from a friend for cheap. I found a flash cart on the flea market, its the Bung MGD 16M GB Card. Now I tried to flash LSDJ on it but it doesnt work. I get no connection, not with X-Linker and not with GB Smart Writer.

Maybe someone knows if this Card doestn work with the EMS GB Transferer II?

Regards,

Sweeeeeeden

I don't think it does. I believe EMS Transferer units are only compatible with Bung's 64M cartridge.
Having said that, you may want to check that your LPT port is properly configured and that you're getting contact with the actual unit.
Another thing, do you have any other type of cartridge which you can easily flash at the moment? (This would be for a cartridge swapping experiment.)

Czech Republic

Hello.
I found this one Compatibility list (on czech sites)
It's older, but I think still usefull
(but don't know if it's true)

Ano = Yes
Ne = No

I think Transferer II works just like Transfefer I

Germany

Thank you for your replies. smile
Thats a pity, its the only flash cart I have at the moment. Maybe I should get a GB Xchanger, but I think they're really expensive this days. I only had a Linker back in the days (1999) I dont know which it was, lol.

Do you guys have some recommendations? Shoul I get a GB Xchanger or are they to rare this days? How are the EMS Cards, are they good? I'm very new to this and only remember Bung and Fareast Cards and devices from back in the days.

I would trade you an EMS 64 m USB cart for the Transferer and that cart. I want the Transferer for something I've been working on. and I don't have a bung cart.

Czech Republic

I have Transferer II and ems 32M card. Transferer II works great and I use it for uploading GB camera photos to my computer.
But If I would have a money, I'd buy EMS USB card thus lots of nowadays computers doesn't have serial port for connecting Transferer...

Indiana

I have a question about the transferer, but I didn't feel like it was necessary to start a new thread, so I hope somebody here can give me an answer.
Does anybody know of those Parallel Serial Port --> USB converters that you can find on amazon for like $10 work with the transferer II?

matt's mind

they do not.  unfortunately.  it'd be a great solution then.