so i finally figured out how to get my computer to read my GB USB smart card, and i wanted to add some kits to lsdj, but when i hit write everything was deleted, before that, i hit the read button so i would have a sav of my songs but when i  put the sav i visualboyadvanced its blank. please im desperate and had a lot of songs, and a good handful werent recorded yet.

There are two kinds of read, ram and rom. custom lsdjs use custom roms. it should have nothing to do with save. more specific info would be helpful. does your cart still have save?

Try reading the sram off of the cart and opening that in virtual boy after you load up the rom. The rom image is lsdj, the songs are the save data.

i dont know, but i keep trying to even put lsdj back on there even if its blank but i cant even get it on the cart! i just realized i didnt do read sram, shit!

Savannah, Georgia
12ianma wrote:

Try reading the sram off of the cart and opening that in virtual boy after you load up the rom. The rom image is lsdj, the songs are the save data.

ahahahahah oh my god

ok so i dont know what i did but after what felt like and hour of freaking out i some how recovered my stuff, but still no custom kits. can someone tell me how to put on kits before i screw up again?

clovis CA

for kits look up lsdsng

Last edited by Alley Beach (May 28, 2012 7:08 pm)

IL, US
Forum Rules wrote:

12. Thread titles should describe the topic of the thread. Please avoid titles like "Help!" or "Have you seen this...". Something like "How can I do a beefy bassdrum with Midines?" or "I just saw a chip music reference at the bus stop" is good. Staff reserves the right to edit unclear thread titles to something more descriptive

also, this belongs in the "nintendo handhelds" subforum, so i'll move it there.. generally you get the best results if people know what help you need before clicking on the thread

sorry im new here

There are two types of memory on the card. Please read my posts, they are important. your song are saved by the battery ram, your program is the Rom on your cart. You read the rom correctly and opened it in visual boy. that's why there were no songs, you only transfered the program and no save data. read up more before you accidentally ruin your data...

Gosford, Australia
Aeros wrote:
12ianma wrote:

ahahahahah oh my god

hahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha wow he made a typo holy crap what an IDIOT

(the joke is that he's not really an idiot and it's not a big deal or funny or anything)

Last edited by Victory Road (May 29, 2012 12:51 am)

Puerto Rico
Victory Road wrote:
Aeros wrote:

ahahahahah oh my god

(the joke is that he's not really an idiot and it's not a big deal or funny or anything)

I didn't notice the typo and I actually thought the joke was more along the lines of ">visual boy / >Not BGB/KiGB/Whatever."

>2012
>Typos

Sweeeeeeden

I'm guessing the joke is also that there's a console called Virtual Boy.

Wasn't meant to be virtual, iPhone auto correct up in the house.

Savannah, Georgia
Victory Road wrote:
Aeros wrote:

ahahahahah oh my god

i just thought the typo was hilarious, the sole thought of trying to put a gameboy cart in a virtualboy is fucking comedic

Last edited by Aeros (May 29, 2012 2:34 am)