Release preview is up! smile Listen on soundcloud/CM.o etc. smile

This is gonna be a sampler of the music I have coming out soon! Two tracks from my full length that's been in production for over a year, titled Codex, and some stuff from my side project iamclouD big_smile Also two tracks dedicated specifically for this EP!

1. DRIFTER
2. The Spectre
3. Monsters Under the Bed
4. Darkhorse
5. Harmonix

http://soundcloud.com/frostbyte-aptget/ … out-may-25

Last edited by Frostbyte (Jun 5, 2012 8:16 pm)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

YAYZORS. The preview sounds tight dude, looking forward. Though, as it's the 29th of may already, is it out yet??

Ecuador

sounds amazing!

when are u releasing it?

Um....lol. Looks like I'm bad at dates! I'll edit the title xD

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Oh man, worst type of time travel

Haha, yeah I know tongue It'll come soon enough!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Juicy. Just sooo juicy.
Excited for this. big_smile

There might be an early release, it all depends on a couple backstage factors wink

Savannah, Georgia

this kind of amazing shit is the reason i want 2xlsdj

wink The last song was only 1! It's not the number of gameboys you have, it's the time you spend on it!

I've heard a lot of 1xlsdj stuff that's better then my 2xlsdj stuff in terms of fullness. ;] but I do love having 2 wav channels doing wub bass in unison.

Savannah, Georgia

i'm quite aware, i can hear the difference between 1 and 2 lsdj instances in a song almost instantly. my problem is, my ideas almost always require more than the 4 instruments which LSDJ provides alone - for instance, i can't make a song with both pulsewaves running strong chords (arps just won't cut it in some instances), a WAV bass track, noise percs, and still have a strong lead and punchy pulse kicks going. believe me, i can put mucho hours into a composition in 1xlsdj and it will ALWAYS sound like something's missing, most prominently because i don't have enough instruments to handle heterophony and bass (for instance, see my track Xenon after 1:04).

I know what you mean. I especially needed chords in my music. In my album I go chord crazy a lot. Not in a bad way, in a 'yay, look, emotive music now'. tongue

Savannah, Georgia
Auxcide wrote:

I know what you mean. I especially needed chords in my music. In my album I go chord crazy a lot. Not in a bad way, in a 'yay, look, emotive music now'. tongue

this, this, and exactly this. i can't make a trance song without some serious chordage

Well the thing with making a 1xlsdj track sound full isn't necessarily  how many instruments you have at the same time. You can trick the ear into hearing notes it's not. You can also add another tone if you need sustained chords in the wav...there's a lot of things you can do that take a long time to get used to. Panning helps a lot.

But yes, there is a certain quality about  2xlsdj that just makes it inherently fuller. That kick wouldn't be possible without 2 gameboys!

Auxcide, you dubble the wubbles? I've never done that!

Last edited by Frostbyte (May 29, 2012 2:36 am)

Indiana

I don't see forerunner on there :1