I recently went about using the rock band 1 drums as a midi controller and found that the programs for it were lacking quite a bit.

Is there already a program in existence where you can assign different samples to each pad?

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a program that could do some of the following:

Plug and play.

Runs everything all in one without the need for 2+ programs. In my case I was using xpadder and fl studio. An all in one program would be an advantage as I found myself changing the assigned pads/keys regularly.

Sidebar navigation to your folders of samples.

Preview/playback of samples.

Drag and drop of chosen samples onto a graphical representation of drum pads (assigns sample to pad) which changes colour when a sample is assigned to it.

Waveform editor for creating chiptune style samples.

Creation of multiple pad setups with the ability to flick through them all with the dpad whenever you like. Maybe even a certain combination of user defined hits on the pads could change to another user defined setup.

Effects...maybe pointless? reverb/echo etc...ability to loop would be cool too.

Anyone have suggestions for more?

I'd make it myself but I have no idea where to start, even if I did I'm sure there are people out there who could finish it faster and better than I ever could.

Anyone up for the task? smile