(219) Indiana, USA

I use gold alot and its powder coat and i tried spraying inside out with it and it was extremely difficult to get it in all the cracks and crevices.So i was just wondering about this as maybe an alternative to what i use now. Thanks

Austria

this one is just a quick test, dont know if i will change the design or whatever. just wanted to have a green gameboy too (gotta catch them all ?!)

i will put some work into the case because of the wasted printed text (a/b buttons).
i am also waiting on my 74hc04 to bivert the green backlight, which should give me some nice contrast.

zaxxon wrote:

I use gold alot and its powder coat and i tried spraying inside out with it and it was extremely difficult to get it in all the cracks and crevices.So i was just wondering about this as maybe an alternative to what i use now. Thanks

I started spraying in one direction (har har) to get the overall gradient. and after that, I sprayed the shadows of the paint (you know, the parts behind the blockage from the spay)

Some parts, like under the battery compartment, and behind the power slider are almost impossible to paint. You could try with spraying some paint in a cup and using a small brush.

Austin, Texas

How did you backlight the D-Pad?

I've heard of it being done, but I've never seen it done before. I also haven't heard an explanation of how anyone has done it. tongue

Austria

Check it on my blog.. http://chipmod.blogspot.com
i will update as soon as it is finished

greets

Last edited by RyuX (Sep 2, 2012 2:54 pm)

ohgodno, Indiana

Got bored so i cut out a slot for the EPROM

Austin, Texas

Hahaha, wow. roll

Austin, Texas

Well, if we're posting our weird custom carts now, here's my sloppy hood-lookin' Pushpin cart:

Last edited by Telerophon (Sep 3, 2012 2:51 am)

ohgodno, Indiana
Telerophon wrote:

Well, if we're posting our weird custom carts now, here's my sloppy hood-lookin' Pushpin cart:

Wow thats a better job than I did, did you cut the whole"top" off of that?? Also did u paint ur cart black?

Austin, Texas

Originally I was trying to find a way to fit the PROM into the casing without having to cut it, and that just didn't work out.

I cut the front out by scoring it deeply on the inside and snapping it off with pliers, which worked very well, but I didn't do the best job of it and that's why you can see the small crack on the top edge that's been super-glued.

Black is the current production run color of PROM cartridge PCB from kitsch, if you just get the PCB by itself. The only real work I did was solder the PROM in place, cut the case, get fresh with the silver sharpie, and double-side tape the board in the cart.

I just realized that you may be under the impression that is a cartridge box. It is just a clear cartridge case, I don't keep my PROM carts in the boxes I keep flash carts and production carts in.

But... Where did you het a clear cartridge case? yikes

matt's mind

here i'm guessing http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/cl … cuit-cases

maybe not though.

Austin, Texas

That's the one. smile

Just for completeness...

These are Ye Pirate GameBeu and Ye PainBoy. They stood the test of time, although they've accompanied me on various gigs...

Ye Pirate GameBeu has the sugar tongs because the battery compartment lid clip was broken, so I filed the rest off and filled that hole with the resin that I used to make the stucco molds. To change the batteries, you have to push up the clamp an inch or so. Hence, the paint has scrubbed off a little in that spot.

And, sorry to Vex, but ye PainBoy got his piercings in 2010... :-)

Last edited by Akareyon (Sep 5, 2012 2:49 pm)

brooklyn, NY

should have spikes on the buttons

Austria

today i finished my midiboy finally !!!

http://chipmod.blogspot.com/2012/09/mid … art-2.html

it now has got full midi support without any big ugly jacks, i am happy how it all worked out.
also the amplifier board and the arduino nano fitted nicely inside.

and last but not least.. i love you all guys big_smile