Rome, Ga

no where near as impresive as most of these.
This is my first (sofar) modded DMG
typically placed 1/8th prosound
green backlight+ buttons/power
clock speed mod knob

any tips on getting the lcd crystal clear after removing the polarization film?
I have used 91% alcohol, but it doesn't seem like it's going to get every last bit off
maybe I'm just not cleaning it enough, though.
I'm kind of parinoid about the ribbon cable, I messed the original one up pretty bad and then got another dmg and used it's screen "slice".
I plan on trying to bend the other dmg after researching the IC's

Well Alcohol is okay, you just have to rub like crazy with a little sponge.
Sometimes the film goes off easy and sometimes it don't. When i modded my latest one, the film just peeled off so easy without any (!) leftovers of the glue. A few weeks before that i had one where i cleaned the screen over 45 minutes to get it clear, but in one corner there is still some left.

@Topic:

Not me, but as seen on the Chip Hits The Fan Festival.
irq7 playing live while dancing with the crowd - DMG Wireless Mod.

hiding under your bed

Not nearly as cool as the rest of the stuff in this thread, but here's a DMG with a few aesthetic changes I made for my girlfriend's birthday a couple weeks ago.
X-Metals blue/purple spraypaint, transparent purple buttons from Kitsch, pink ledx3 backlight and a hot pink screen cover from ASM.

Only ever painted a gameboy twice before, and that was almost two years ago, so I'm happy with the way it turned out.
Took the gameboy, a copy of Tamagotchi and Kirby's Dream Land, and stuck 'em in a white giftbox with a red ribbon and a balloon, Animal Crossing style:

She was pretty happy with it.

I've slowly been bringing my modding hobbies out of retirement over the past couple of months, hopefully gonna start on some more impressive projects soon.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Sep 29, 2012 6:09 pm)

Savannah, Georgia

hahahaha that's awesome

Austin, Texas

You're the best boyfriend ever.

Dude I saw you on tumblr! :DD

Austin, Texas

Who?

Piano!

hiding under your bed

Thanks, guys!
And yeah, I made a few posts about it on Tumblr. ^_^'
I go by Josh-Shmosh over there now, trying to make the transition from PianoGameboy to Josh-Shmosh on most sites now.
I'll be posting more stuff here/there soonish, but work recently got pretty busy, and I'm trying to get ready for TN's Geek Media Expo, so it might be a little longer than originally intended.

(219) Indiana, USA

This is my MelonBoy (it reminds me of a watermelon)

It"s complete with 1/8th in prosound, pink screen cover, translucent pink buttons,full cap replacement, and a v3 pink backlight.

Last edited by zaxxon (Oct 8, 2012 3:47 pm)

washington
zaxxon wrote:

This is my MelonBoy (it reminds me of a watermelon)

It"s complete with 1/8th in prosound, pink screen cover, translucent pink buttons,and a v3 pink backlight.

Dang, that un-clear boy is the cat's tits.

South Carolina

my custom red gameboy with white backlight and backlight a/b buttons and dpad thinking about pro sounding it to dont know yet.

The travel case sans some wires and whatnot

Both DMG's with LEDx3vc and RCA outs

clovis CA
Phenomics wrote:

The travel case sans some wires and whatnot

do you have plans for that pcb? if not ill take it off your hands wink

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Alley Beach wrote:

do you have plans for that pcb? if not ill take it off your hands wink

But they're pretty cheap on the site plus you get the chip.

Austin, Texas

I think that's a MEOW / m30w / meow / however you type it Arduinoboy kit PCB.