Murcia, Spain
kineticturtle wrote:

Looks nice! ASM prosound boards are theee best!

Making the extra hole was a pain for me, but it was worth it. You actually notice the difference in sound quality with the ASM board compared to the stock one, both for the pro sound and original line-outs.

DogTag wrote:

and to nerdsome for his help as well : )

Those are the super famicom controller buttons I gave ya! They're much better than NES buttons in my opinion. Glad to see them in use.

Murcia, Spain
nerdsome wrote:
DogTag wrote:

and to nerdsome for his help as well : )

Those are the super famicom controller buttons I gave ya! They're much better than NES buttons in my opinion. Glad to see them in use.

Dang, I knew they couldn't be NES because they were different... but had no clue where they came from hahaha. Thank you!

Yup, that's why the red is more vibrant than NES and that's why the tops are round and more comfortable.

Clifton Park, NY

Just put this triforce boy together today for a customer so I thought I'd share it along with a couple others. I've recently collaborated with a very talented artist and we have a ton of stuff in the works so I look forward to showing everyone.

Triforce Boy:

Custom painted shell
Gold screen cover
Yellow Buttons
Clear Start/Select
Internal Prosound

"Bulletboy"

Custom painted shell inspired by an ammo box
Inverted yellow Backlight with bivert mod for added contradt
Yellod D pad, Black A/B, Black Start/Select
Black screen cover
Diffused Orange power LED
1/8" prosound

"Stripes & Splatter"

Custom painted shell
inverted white backlight with bivert for added contrast
diffused blue power LED
white buttons
black start/select
black screen cover
1/8" prosound

Last edited by 8BitAesthetics (Mar 5, 2013 10:27 pm)

London, UK

Lurker here for a while, decided to post up a couple of things.

My first modded DMG. Nothing too ambitious. Has a white backlight and I mixed NES-style and DMG-style AB buttons.

Glitterboy I made for my sister's Christmas present. Another white backlight.

Had this GBA lying around unused, thought I'd have a go at painting from the inside. It was a real bitch to tape up the edges. The fluorescent green paint looks great in the daylight.

I've got a bunch more parts and half-finished things lying around that I need to finish. I've been away from home for the last five weeks so haven't had a chance to do much but hoping to finish some more stuff soon. Gonna try to dye some SS buttons at some point too.
I have basically no musical talent so I haven't been prosounding anything because I can't make music anyway. I just like to play Dr Mario a lot.

ohgodno, Indiana

Would you be willing to part with this?

Edit: I also have TONS of pink buttons if anyone wants any modded 'pinkgirls' or just buttons lol

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Mar 6, 2013 9:59 pm)

London, UK
b4by f4c3 wrote:

Would you be willing to part with this?

Edit: I also have TONS of pink buttons if anyone wants any modded 'pinkgirls' or just buttons lol

I probably would, actually. But the paint job is not as clean as I was hoping, like around the volume wheel and those hole things at the top. Also I taped a bit far from the screen and there's a little bit unpainted to the left of the screen. smile Just pointing out all my flaws! I am a perfectionist. If you're still interested, we could probably work something out.
Also, what kind of pink buttons have you got?

ohgodno, Indiana

PM'd

philly

i think that if you make your gameboy anything besides the normal gray color... you're making fake-bit - you dont believe me? can't you hear the difference?

washington

just like how your mix automatically sounds better if you cover everything you own with eindbaas and lsdj stickers

Utrecht, The Netherlands

Damn right you do!

ohgodno, Indiana
alex_mauer wrote:

i think that if you make your gameboy anything besides the normal gray color... you're making fake-bit - you dont believe me? can't you hear the difference?

thats why I only prosounded my underclocked DMG wink

KC
Casey wrote:

Had this GBA lying around unused, thought I'd have a go at painting from the inside. It was a real bitch to tape up the edges. The fluorescent green paint looks great in the daylight.

so you painted this with flourescent green paint?
what color was the shell?

I was thinking about doing this with one of kitsch's clear colored shells.

I did some of kitsch's cases.

This was a clear case painted red to white on the inside.

And this one is a clear green case painted black to white on the inside.

KC

timbob where'd you get the white buttons?

and those look sweet.

Im wondering how they would look with the same color paint on the inside that the shell is.

Im afraid to try it and ruin the look of the shells.