I got the buttons at kitsch. They are light grey like the original DMG.

Coloured cases do give a tint of course.
This is one of those purple gameboy colors. Painted pink from the inside.
The original colour is on the buttons and screen protectors.

London, UK
Grymmtymm wrote:
Casey wrote:

Had this GBA lying around unused, thought I'd have a go at painting from the inside. It was a real bitch to tape up the edges. The fluorescent green paint looks great in the daylight.

so you painted this with flourescent green paint?
what color was the shell?

I was thinking about doing this with one of kitsch's clear colored shells.

The GBA was the glacier colour, the pale purple one. I had seen people paint DMGs and Colors from the inside so gave it a try with this one I had lying around.

Maine

what do you think i should do for the bottom half?

all i have is black and white spray
and red yellow and blue acrylic paint

Last edited by TheBronyChip (Mar 11, 2013 3:13 am)

Maine

used a better camera so you actually know what it looks like

Santa Cruz, California

Do the bottom in red with black spatters.
Green buttons and LEDs?

Maine

i like the red bottom w/ black splatters idea big_smile

ill keep the leds red and paint the buttons black me thinks

things to buy:

red spray paint hmm

西安
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Do the bottom in red with black spatters.

Just a thought - it would look super crazy if you did the bottom in black, then turned the NES upside down and splattered red all over it so that the red dripped down the sides. Then the 'drips' would actually go upwards when the paint had dried and it was right-side up.

matt's mind

^ that would look very good.  i think so as well...

like stalactites, or -mites.  whichever goes from ground upwards in a cave...

hiding under your bed

Current work in progress.

I don't have a picture of anything but the shell at the moment, but it's got an inverted blue backlight, transparent blue buttons, and a clear screen cover.
I'm gonna send it to Rhett & Link to show off on their daily Youtube morning talk show series Good Mythical Morning.
I was also considering throwing in an EMS cart with a couple LSDJ covers of some of their songs and Nick Maynard's How to Make Chiptune zine.
If I'd thought to do this a year and a half ago, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it and they'd probably end up trying to use it for something, but nowadays they seem too busy to bother with stuff like that. We'll see.

Pittsburgh
kitsch wrote:

like stalactites, or -mites.  whichever goes from ground upwards in a cave...

To quote Bill Nye, "StalacTITES hold TIGHT to the ceiling, stalagMITEs MIGHT reach the top.

matt's mind

oh shit, THANK YOU!!!!!

also: stalactites has tit in them.
tits tend to hang when they are old.

works better in dutch i guess wink

1xVMS4 midicontroller
2xEMS carts with LSDJ
2xGameBoy Colors (not modded at all) connected using RCA cables
1xLink Cable

I am working on getting a new mixer for recording but I like using the VMS4 for live stuff. It has great output and flawless control for me. I also need to snag some DMGs and mod them!

PianoGameboy wrote:

Current work in progress.

I don't have a picture of anything but the shell at the moment, but it's got an inverted blue backlight, transparent blue buttons, and a clear screen cover.
I'm gonna send it to Rhett & Link to show off on their daily Youtube morning talk show series Good Mythical Morning.
I was also considering throwing in an EMS cart with a couple LSDJ covers of some of their songs and Nick Maynard's How to Make Chiptune zine.
If I'd thought to do this a year and a half ago, I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it and they'd probably end up trying to use it for something, but nowadays they seem too busy to bother with stuff like that. We'll see.

I love it man!
How did you remove the old glue from the DMG (the glue that's always there when you remove an old screen protector)?

hiding under your bed

I was actually lucky enough that it hadn't dried completely yet, so I managed to get most of it off with a bunch of Goo Gone.
After that I managed to scrape all the dried up stuff off with a putty knife.
Probably not the best method, but it worked for me. :v

Timbob wrote:

also: stalactites has tit in them.
tits tend to hang when they are old.

works better in dutch i guess wink

Ha, yes it does work better in dutch!