Melbourne, Australia
thebitman wrote:

There was a guide a year or so ago on this forum about making LED-lit buttons, I'll try and dig it up. I know kitsch has been working on silicone-like buttons with LED holes for at least a year (it's somewhere in his shop thread), but you can drill your own holes and put the LEDs in yourself on clear buttons (you may want to sand the outside to change the light diffraction, as well as cut notches for the LED legs to escape through for wiring in series).

Hard to execute, almost ALWAYS stunning when done smile looks great!

Yeah, I imagine this is the easy bit though. Getting the LEDs to be sound reactive with the DMG's audio?

Vancouver, Wa

It's a bit fun for sure lol. I actually backlight mine differently than the way he's talking about, but I'm sure with a good soldering iron and some creativity you'll get there smile Oh, and before I forget again;

Apeshit wrote:

I've done this one too.

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 6, 2013 12:39 am)

matt's mind
thebitman wrote:

There was a guide a year or so ago on this forum about making LED-lit buttons, I'll try and dig it up. I know kitsch has been working on silicone-like buttons with LED holes for at least a year (it's somewhere in his shop thread), but you can drill your own holes and put the LEDs in yourself on clear buttons (you may want to sand the outside to change the light diffraction, as well as cut notches for the LED legs to escape through for wiring in series).

Hard to execute, almost ALWAYS stunning when done smile looks great!

those buttons will be ready momentarily, speaking of

decided to change a little something sort of on a whim.  worthwhile for the delay though, i'm thinking

kitsch wrote:

[more good news]

hngggggg

Melbourne, Australia

Cool, if you're working on something like that kitsch, i'll wait to see what you've got to destroy my wallet with once again heart

Clifton Park, NY

ohgodno, Indiana
8BitAesthetics wrote:

Cant wait to see how this looks next to the toaster >.< heart

Since my soldering and modding skills sucked when i first started out with Chiptune, i got some leftover "BrokenBoys". Most of them have malfunctions or parts in them which wouldn't work, 'cause cables got ripped or i did something wrong.
So right know i'm on a run to give them all a makeover. 2 are already done, 2 more to go.

Last week a new GameGirl was born.

And today i reassembled and cleaned out the old BlooperBoy. Now a new Squid is in Town.

(219) Indiana, USA
9-Heart wrote:

And today i reassembled and cleaned out the old BlooperBoy. Now a new Squid is in Town.

Nice!

ohgodno, Indiana

Slime Screen Cover

Another one.
This one is actually for Sale.

› Show Spoiler

Finland

I finished a little thing two days ago:

It is a sore reminder that one cannot make minute details with a spraycan. It's not super great, but I'm happy enough with it. smile

KC

pretty cool idea with some minor tweaks.

nice color choice kind of looks like a fade

matt's mind

^ reminds me of minecraft creeper

Santa Cruz, California
my.Explosion wrote:

I finished a little thing two days ago:

It is a sore reminder that one cannot make minute details with a spraycan. It's not super great, but I'm happy enough with it. smile

Frog Tape.
It really does work as well as the commercial says.
For detailed elements; lay strips of the tape on wax paper, draw your design, and carefully cut it out with an xacto knife. Then simply peel, stick, and spray!
You can get some spectacular results if you're patient.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm)

西安
Burnfingers wrote:

Oh my god that's gorgeous. Is it perchance for sale?