Pittsburgh

Finally, I feel like I have some DMGs that I'm not planning on accidentally breaking in two weeks, which i feel confident enough to show people!

First off, pretty basic red PIL with ASM backlight. Looks AMAZING in person, though it needs a new screen protector due to the previous owner being shaky with super glue.

Next up: a classic. Black PIL with pink buttons, switch, port cover, and backlight. Needs a new screen protector as well, a package from Kitsch should be here soon to fix that though.

Last one, this is not quite finished yet. My order got messed up, and I ended up with a yellow backlight instead of a blue one. I only noticed this when I finished installing it, though (Facepalm).

Current mods:
- ASM backlight
- Internal prosound (added after picture was taken)
- ASM blue clear case
- ASM screen protector

Planned mods:
- Kitsch's V3.2 variable clock mod
- BLUE backlight, not the yellow one pictured

Each one matched up with its main purpose:

(219) Indiana, USA

That blue case looks so cool! I might just have to pick one up soon big_smile. Good job on those mods btw.

Minneapolis
Theta_Frost wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

My SC1224 just stopped working, unfortunately. I just got the ST working again (had to replace the floppy drive) and now I've got no screen. It's a 1040STF which means alternative video output is a huge pain, so I may just grab a better ST and ditch this one.

I feel your pain.  My 1040STe has been laying naked on the workbench for a while.  I've just installed a picoPSU which is cool.  Still working on RGB to S-Video encoder going into S-Video to VGA converter, which strangely enough seems like the most successful way others have gotten a clean VGA output.

You checked these out ever? I've not used one, but have contemplated getting one for my Neo Geo some day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GBS-8220-RGB-CG … 1c2a3389f3

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
arfink wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

I feel your pain.  My 1040STe has been laying naked on the workbench for a while.  I've just installed a picoPSU which is cool.  Still working on RGB to S-Video encoder going into S-Video to VGA converter, which strangely enough seems like the most successful way others have gotten a clean VGA output.

You checked these out ever? I've not used one, but have contemplated getting one for my Neo Geo some day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GBS-8220-RGB-CG … 1c2a3389f3

I've actually built an RGB to VGA converter before but the ST has very weird video output and every solution I've seen so far for outputting colour VGA requires insane setups. I think I'll probably just build a simple Atart ST -> Monochrome VGA for now and grab a better ST in the future that contains an RF modulator, as those ones will output colour composite which I can very easily work with.

Oddly enough, the TRS-80 that is sitting on top of the ST has been an absolute dream to work with and I really hope the two can be buddies at my next big show.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 19, 2013 4:52 am)

hiding under your bed

Here's something I've been working on today.

PianoGameboy wrote:

I would suggest using some sort of adhesive so the lines on your stencil come out cleaner.
I've learned this from doing large stencils on canvas.

hiding under your bed

yeah, it was a bit of an experiment because I don't usually do things that are this small/detailed before (or stencils at all), but I kinda wanted a bit of a sloppy stencil look anyway for this one. Definitely doing that next time, though

EDIT: actually, what I did the last couple of times I stenciled (not this one though) was cut the pattern directly out of a roll of painter's tape and then used that as the stencil. It worked pretty well.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jun 20, 2013 5:10 am)

I've used that method as well.

Santa Cruz, California
PianoGameboy wrote:

I love me some Hobbes action!
Seriously C&H is my favorite comic of all time. Have every single book, and even got "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes" hardback set for x-mas.

EDIT: Wax paper and frog tape for doing fine stencil work.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Jun 20, 2013 5:36 am)

Teh D3th St4r wrote:
PianoGameboy wrote:

I love me some Hobbes action!
Seriously C&H is my favorite comic of all time. Have every single book, and even got "The Complete Calvin & Hobbes" hardback set for x-mas.

EDIT: Wax paper and frog tape for doing fine stencil work.

oh my that is soooo creative and cool! space hobbes ftw

Chicago

Hey guys, I'm new around these parts and thought I'd post some of my new DMGs. All parts for these are from Kitsch-bent (thanks dude!) who has gone out of his way to respond to my emails and make sure I got everything I needed for my builds before shipping them out. I've got another DMG in the works now, and all of my DMGs are part of a series.

Here's the prodigal son, MegaBoy. First a progress shot, then a post-paint shot. This was my first case painting, and I learned a lot.

Here's my favorite so far, the BassBoy. Everything went well here, adding a prosound mod to this fella next week.

And my small-scale button swaps on some MGBs and CGB for my girlfriend.
Backlighting didn't go well here, so this teal backlight went into the MegaBoy ultimately.

Spain

Since my AGB-001 didn't get much love here I'll try something else... The "Spray paint didn't work as intended and ended up splattering all over my Grey Boy" tongue

Chicago
thedimitry wrote:

Since my AGB-001 didn't get much love here I'll try something else... The "Spray paint didn't work as intended and ended up splattering all over my Grey Boy" tongue

That looks gnarly though! I really like how the unintentional results almost look like you used a kind of paint that does that marbled look. This is awesome.

NC in the US of America

Marble Boy rocks.

Mexico

smile

Game Boy USB MIDI for mGB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le3UOgBR … Q04SbjlBCg

Game Boy USB MIDI for LSDJ Clock Sync

Game Boy Color Midi for Pushpin

C64 Cynthcart

C64 Mssiah

PS/2 Game Boy

Melodica LSDJ Keyboard