clovis CA

looks great man!

I don't perform with midi.  Just compose and record.  So I don't hold the DMG much.  Just sits on my desk.  So it's not impractical.  Plus, with internal arduinoboy, I can sync 2 DMGs at once.

Alley Beach wrote:

looks great man!

Thanks!

hiding under your bed

HEY GUYS

Just finished the BIT.TRIP BOY.
More pictures on my Tumblr

I think I see nanoloop...

What color is the d-pad and where did you get it?

Interesting look.

hiding under your bed

The dpad is red and IIRC I got it from ASM a while back.
And yeah, I suppose I should clarify for anyone who isn't familiar with them, the look is inspired by the BIT.TRIP series of rhythm games.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jul 20, 2013 11:17 pm)

Murcia, Spain

I gotta get that game on my 3DS! heart

hiding under your bed

If you haven't played any of them before, I'd suggest playing them on anything but the 3DS first.
It had so many framerate issues that caused everything to go out of sync it made the latter half of CORE pretty much unplayable and RUNNER not far behind that. The rest of the games had minor issues, but they were still playable. I'd just hate for someone to try the series for the first time on the 3DS and be turned off by all the issues it had and never want to try it on a different platform.
IMO The Wii versions are the best, since the games were originally made for the Wii.
The Steam versions of CORE, VOID, RUNNER, and FATE are all great as long as you use a controller (though keyboard controls aren't that bad), but BEAT sucks on the PC since the original used motion controls (tilting the Wiimote to move up and down), and using the mouse instead just doesn't work as well.

Thanks for the info.

I played a few of them on Wii but couldn't initially identify what you were doing with the d-pad and lines.  I guess the color looked a little off, but still cool.  With those pics I can really see what you were going for.

I need to get some bright green buttons for my dmg in a black kitsch case that currently has pink and turquoise buttons, so sorta resembles the default colors here, although I was originally going for a green monochrome look.

Santa Cruz, California
PianoGameboy wrote:

HEY GUYS

Just finished the BIT.TRIP BOY.
More pictures on my Tumblr

I'm lovin' it!

hiding under your bed

^thanks, d3th st4r! That means a lot coming from you. :v
I wish I could do stuff as rad as the fallout boy you did.

rygD wrote:

couldn't initially identify what you were doing with the d-pad and lines.  I guess the color looked a little off, but still cool.

Yeah, those and the blue stripe on the back are a little off, it's as close as I could get.
The paint was actually a real pain to do because I had to use three different types of krylon paint to get the all the colors right (or close to) and I'm a little skeptical of how the purple and the yellow are gonna hold up.
Definitely not gonna do this many colors in one design again for a while.
My next two DMGs are using ASM shells and I'm focusing more on the actual system modding than just aesthetic stuff anyway.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jul 21, 2013 2:26 am)

Santa Cruz, California
PianoGameboy wrote:

^thanks, d3th st4r! That means a lot coming from you. :v
I wish I could do stuff as rad as the fallout boy you did.

Flattery will get you everywhere.
Bit Trip is one of my favorite games, and it was made by Santa Cruz locals.
I'm gonna show them your DMG. They'll love it.

hiding under your bed

Already posted it to their facebook page earlier today and I intend to mail it to them, if they'll give me their address. tongue

washington
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I'm lovin' it!

hiding under your bed

^hah, that was the first thing I thought of when I read his comment tbqh

hiding under your bed

doublepost for another mod.
I stayed up way too late working on this one. It's almost 4am now.
I'll take some better quality pictures tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep.
Transparent shell, blue density backlight, and pcb mount prosound from ASM,
Variable clock v4, case leds v1, and transparent buttons from Kitsch/Justin Thursday.
I was going to include a built in PS/2 port from Kitsch, but I don't have anything that can properly cut a hole that big in my case at the moment.

Goodnight.

EDIT:

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jul 23, 2013 4:04 pm)