Santa Cruz, California
PianoGameboy wrote:

NICE!

Pittsburgh
PianoGameboy wrote:

DAAAMN, that's a clean cut on the jack. Love the white-on-blue look, great GB!

Serbia,Belgrade

thinking about doing some leds but dunno...

Wanted to have it last a bit longer for gigs and such.Would the leds under the buttons eat up the battery?

Last edited by Imnikola (Jul 29, 2013 4:54 am)

clovis CA
Imnikola wrote:

Would the leds under the buttons eat up the battery?

slightly.

Taichung, Taiwan

Matthew Joseph Payne

I can make educated guesses at what this is, but how about you just tell us? Looks fun!

Taichung, Taiwan
kineticturtle wrote:

I can make educated guesses at what this is, but how about you just tell us? Looks fun!

Mega Memory Card wink. Waiting for a few things to come in the mail to make this more "complete".

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

Mega Memory Card wink. Waiting for a few things to come in the mail to make this more "complete".

Clever, clever! Where will you be mounting the switch? Do you plan on hardwiring your music cartridge to the MMC as well?

I have a megamemory card as well (since childhood) and the only mod I planned for it was to add USB. If you look closely enough, the board has all of the required footprints for hooking it up. The only reason its still on the project-backburner is because of driver software....

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 8, 2013 2:19 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Clever, clever! Where will you be mounting the switch? Do you plan on hardwiring your music cartridge to the MMC as well?

I have a megamemory card as well (since childhood) and the only mod I planned for it was to add USB. If you look closely enough, the board has all of the required footprints for hooking it up. The only reason its still on the project-backburner is because of driver software....

Going to run wires and mount the switch the to Gameboy case hopefully next to the Gameboy power switch. I'm going to be mounting half of a N64 Transfer Pak to the back of the Gameboy case and run wires to the Mega Memory Card. No hard wiring of any cartridges themselves to the gameboy.

So it will be N64 Transfer Pak ---> Mega Memory Card ---> DMG-01 Rear PCB.

After seeing Boddah's post about his Frankenboy it reminded me of one of NeX's DMGs I saw a few years ago. I had a Mega Memory Card laying around and had the day off of work so I decided to get down!

Last edited by katsumbhong (Aug 8, 2013 2:36 pm)

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Going to run wires and mount the switch the to Gameboy case hopefully next to the Gameboy power switch. I'm going to be mounting half of a N64 Transfer Pak to the back of the Gameboy case and run wires to the Mega Memory Card. No hard wiring of any cartridges themselves to the gameboy.

So it will be N64 Transfer Pak ---> Mega Memory Card ---> DMG-01 Rear PCB.

After seeing Boddah's post about his Frankenboy it reminded me of one of NeX's DMGs I saw a few years ago. I had a Mega Memory Card laying around and had the day off of work so I decided to get down!

Good idea, but my only advice is to go easy on e the hot glue...Its never pretty.

Taichung, Taiwan

I'm going to hot glue the connections after I get the transfer pak wired up and everything tested. Tested the contact points and so far all of the wires are making solid connections and nothing is crossed.

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:

I'm going to hot glue the connections after I get the transfer pak wired up and everything tested. Tested the contact points and so far all of the wires are making solid connections and nothing is crossed.

Excellent. I only meant external hot glue use. Gluing the wire bases is a good idea when you can't use a releasable connector.

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Excellent. I only meant external hot glue use. Gluing the wire bases is a good idea when you can't use a releasable connector.

I refrain from using hot glue on anything outside of the case or shell.

Going to hand file the transfer pak flush to the back shell of the gameboy then use small diameter philip's head bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts on the existing mounting points of the transfer pak on the back shell. I try to make everything look like it came "factory".

Last edited by katsumbhong (Aug 8, 2013 3:49 pm)

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:

I try to make everything look like it came "factory".

This is a good standard to maintain.

Recently finished up a companion DMG for my workhorse. (New one's on the left)

And I built a Willzyx x0xb0x kit a while back that I haven't left alone since. (Build log here.)

I'm also currently building an ArduinoBoy into an empty DMG shell.

SLC, UT
AWESOMECAT wrote:

Recently finished up a companion DMG for my workhorse. (New one's on the left)

So nice, so simple. I love it! +1 for Carillion also!