Alpine wrote:
AWESOMECAT wrote:

Not technically gear, but I built myself a workbench and some monitor stands to put all of my gear on top of.

0/10, bench still visible, not covered in a mess of parts and cables.

Jokes, looks really nice man.

Thanks! It will be by the end of the day I'm sure, hahah.

Timbob wrote:
Budusy12 wrote:

Ar u selling any of them.

I am!
The 3 in the right corner are for sale (black to transparent gradient, yellow to green/blue and the smokey grey, although my father was interested in that one.)

your father has good taste. my favorites are the top left 2, bottom middle and right middle.
/me runs off to play Link's Awakening for the bajillionth time.

Timbob wrote:

The buttons are transparent painted with yellow and green and bubbles. tongue giving it a bit of a marble texture inside.

I don't fully understand how you did this, but i love the look.  They are so colorful and interesting to look at.  I tried to figure out how to make a coherent question and failed.  can you give precise painting steps?  Also, can we get some more pics of your wood that kitsch mentioned?

rygD wrote:
Timbob wrote:

I am!
The 3 in the right corner are for sale (black to transparent gradient, yellow to green/blue and the smokey grey, although my father was interested in that one.)

your father has good taste. my favorites are the top left 2, bottom middle and right middle.
/me runs off to play Link's Awakening for the bajillionth time.

Timbob wrote:

The buttons are transparent painted with yellow and green and bubbles. tongue giving it a bit of a marble texture inside.

I don't fully understand how you did this, but i love the look.  They are so colorful and interesting to look at.  I tried to figure out how to make a coherent question and failed.  can you give precise painting steps?

Basically, it's a clear case, that was painted from the inside. I did a short explanation earlier in this thread here:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/130165/#p130165

Also, can we get some more pics of your wood that kitsch mentioned?

oh my...

(I'll see if i can get some more detailed pics later)

sorry, i should have been more clear.  I want to try to make your buttons.  I just looked at what i said, and i guess i never mentioned it was the painted buttons i wanted info on.  Usually when i see them painted underneath they don't seem to be quite so colorful.  I can probably figure out how to make bubbles, but that also adds to the appeal of the look for me.  was it intentional?

rygD wrote:

sorry, i should have been more clear.  I want to try to make your buttons.  I just looked at what i said, and i guess i never mentioned it was the painted buttons i wanted info on.  Usually when i see them painted underneath they don't seem to be quite so colorful.  I can probably figure out how to make bubbles, but that also adds to the appeal of the look for me.  was it intentional?

It was somewhat intentional.
i wanted them a bit rough, with some splashes etc. the amount of bubbles was unexpected, but quite cool.

The important part is picking the right paint tongue

Last edited by Timbob (Sep 1, 2013 11:18 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A better photo.

Dallas, Texas

The lighting and camera doesn't do a great job at getting the color right, but I assure you the c64 brown color is pretty close in person.

But anywho. I give you the c64boy. it has internal teensy midi sync, thursday's rgb start/select buttons, asm's prosound, thursdays variable clock v4, 4LED Sapphire backlight, half clock crystal mod.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm)

That, sir, is beautiful. Any chance you can show us a shot of the teensy inside? I'm still in the middle of making some DMGs with the Teensy inside, interested in your choice to put it in the corner behind the speaker.

wow you made that c64 look just like a gameboy

Dallas, Texas
thebitman wrote:

That, sir, is beautiful. Any chance you can show us a shot of the teensy inside? I'm still in the middle of making some DMGs with the Teensy inside, interested in your choice to put it in the corner behind the speaker.

Sure. it's done exactly the same as this one. I just hot glued in some bits of plastic I've found to keep the teensy very snug and stable.

UK, Leicester
TylerBarnes wrote:

Sure. it's done exactly the same as this one. I just hot glued in some bits of plastic I've found to keep the teensy very snug and stable.

I hadn't noticed that that was the teensy, I thought it was a clip for a strap, like you get on phones.

Dallas, Texas
Alpine wrote:

I hadn't noticed that that was the teensy, I thought it was a clip for a strap, like you get on phones.

lol heck yeah, that little loop too dangle some charms and trinkets from! XD I want to make one now that you've said it.

seattle
AWESOMECAT wrote:

Not technically gear, but I built myself a workbench and some monitor stands to put all of my gear on top of.

What are these monitors? They're absolutely gorgeous big_smile

Cleveland, OH
TylerBarnes wrote:

The lighting and camera doesn't do a great job at getting the color right, but I assure you the c64 brown color is pretty close in person.

But anywho. I give you the c64boy. it has internal teensy midi sync, thursday's rgb start/select buttons, asm's prosound, thursdays variable clock v4, 4LED Sapphire backlight, half clock crystal mod.

Beautiful and brilliant! Don't tell me you're actually running some sort of c64 program on it.. I would be so confused and interested if it so.

Dallas, Texas

I wish!

It's just an image being displayed on an image rom made using nitro's pygbconv python script wink

› Show Spoiler

Cleveland, OH

That's what I was guessing but there's always the chance you're a wizard...