Is that like a homemade y adapter?

Boise, ID

Well not exactly... afik a Y adapter splits a stereo into two separated mono outputs, while this mixes two stereos down to one stereo output.

thats awesome I must do this!

My modded dmg family

Boise, ID
Tr@$hk1ng wrote:

My modded dmg family

Nice!

thanks pinkboy is prosound modded with a white backlight the other two are waiting to be modded

Can you record in audacity with that thing?

Boise, ID

Of course smile
I usually do, at least. When I don't want to use 9v batteries for my other mixer.

lol sweet im going to make one!

Toronto, Canada

HA, I have a greyboy almost just like that, except with a normal screen protector and pink backlight.

i bet the pink light is awesome

Utah, USA

I'm very new to this whole scene.  But here's what I've been doing. 

Lefty: 
Kitsch-Bent, green case, white buttons and white screen cover
Additional 1/8" prosound jack
White power LED
NonElectronics, Data inverter chip and green backlight on the way for a Bi-vert screen

Middle:
Old greyboy painted yellow (It was very worn down)
ASM blue buttons and yellow screen protector
Blue backlight
Internal prosound mod

Righty:
ASM, red case black buttons
Internal prosound mod
NonElectronics, Data inverter chip and red backlight on the way for a Bi-vert screen

Alive and well in fucksville

not backlighting this one. maybe when i get some 10 k resistors, i will put my other ltc 1799 in it.

Last edited by bitjacker (Oct 7, 2013 9:01 pm)

Bucks County, PA

I threw these guys up on the trading post earlier, what do you guys think?

Details and stuff can be found over here too, if you're interested in purchasing/trading- or just seeing more pics!

Last edited by DipSwitch (Oct 7, 2013 11:24 pm)

New York, USA

My modded clear DMG, with a green backlight from ASM, clear Kitsch-Bent buttons, Nonfinite screen cover, ThursdayCustoms Case LEDs, and a Nonfinite 1/8'' (3.5mm) Line out (Prosound jack).

Also, my second time soldering. My first time was when I made my first modded DMG, but since I broke 2 other DMG LCDs, I had to take the LCD from that one, change the backlight color, and put it into this new one.

Sadly, the Game Boy is missing 5 vertical pixels, 4 of which cannot be fixed (due to me accidentely cutting the ribbon cable with the razor blade while scarping off the adhesive sad) and one which is temporary (goes away when you put pressure on the case sometimes tongue)

I loved the experience, and I definitely learned stuff from it.

Brisbane, Australia
Flamingo wrote:

My modded clear DMG, with a green backlight from ASM, clear Kitsch-Bent buttons, Nonfinite screen cover, ThursdayCustoms Case LEDs, and a Nonfinite 1/8'' (3.5mm) Line out (Prosound jack).

Also, my second time soldering. My first time was when I made my first modded DMG, but since I broke 2 other DMG LCDs, I had to take the LCD from that one, change the backlight color, and put it into this new one.

Sadly, the Game Boy is missing 5 vertical pixels, 4 of which cannot be fixed (due to me accidentely cutting the ribbon cable with the razor blade while scarping off the adhesive sad) and one which is temporary (goes away when you put pressure on the case sometimes tongue)

I loved the experience, and I definitely learned stuff from it.

It looks so pretty!
In regards to the LCD - it took a long time for this to sink in for me. WORK SLOWLY AND DON'T RUSH IT. The first time i did a successful backlight mod was the first time that i really took my time and didn't rush it. Too many times i'd managed to crack the LCD by applying too much pressure or cut the ribbon cable (as you did). DMG modding is so addictive :')