Holland
XyNo wrote:
xylo wrote:

You could try MusicMon 2.5e. It lets you 'draw' sounds in a little window which you can tweak by setting some parameters and stuff.

Or you could import mods you like and try tweaking instruments in those mods. Learn their structure and then try making your own.

I can't load mods in 2.5e. I click Load, click mod and nothing happens... :S

With mods I ment Atari modules .snd files.

London

MusicMon does have a format with the .MOD extension, but its totally different from a Protracker mod unfortunately

The Rubber Man

Theta_Frost, _133:

Returning to the proper subject of this thread, it's worth to add that that Octalyser takes such a sample format: RAW, 8bit, mono, signed (I use mostly 16kHz and 22kHz).
If You'd be interested in ProTracker too, I can check it out later (although I presume the format might be the same).

The Rubber Man

Yyyyyyyyyyupp. I've just tested it.
ProTracker STE eats RAW, 8bit, mono, signed samples.
You can change extension into *.SPL to have it all easier.

PS: It loads also IFF files but then You hear a small click on the beginning of every sample (the header). So I don't recommend, unless You convert it to RAW described above.

The Rubber Man

...if anybody's interested - some samples-set (about 70 of them, various ones, I made from my synthesizer). Some of them might require a fine-tune (modern synth hardware appears to be crap).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8p74gv

(Use the blue link: "Click here to start download from sendspace").

Byez,
Y

Holland
gwEm wrote:

MusicMon does have a format with the .MOD extension, but its totally different from a Protracker mod unfortunately

SND's are fun!

Nomad's Land
YERZMYEY wrote:

...if anybody's interested - some samples-set (about 70 of them, various ones, I made from my synthesizer). Some of them might require a fine-tune (modern synth hardware appears to be crap).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8p74gv

(Use the blue link: "Click here to start download from sendspace").

Byez,
Y

Nice, thanks for sharing, man!
Btw will these work correctly on ZX-Sampletracker?

The Rubber Man
irrlichtproject wrote:

Nice, thanks for sharing, man!
Btw will these work correctly on ZX-Sampletracker?

I imagine it should, as it loads even regular PC WAVs, hehe.
But it adds a click on beginnings of instruments (which is a header that's audible here) that means SampleTracker prefers rather un-signed samples.
I'd say SampleTracker will work the best with unsigned RAW files. 8bit quality and 16000hz should be OK for it.
However You should remember that the program is designed for ZX Spectrums with 48Kb only, so Your instruments _must_ be small. Normally, for ZX48K I make samples 1-3Kb big. The program behaves then in a similar way like MusicMon on Atari ST (various ways of decoding) - it plays on ZX the 8bit samples with quality required for hardware You have.
Which in ZX case means: when You switch into Covox, then You hear 8bit quality of Your music. If You have only the standard config - Spectrum48 with AY-interface, then You will hear 4bit quality of the samples.
And also - on the basic config - alone ZX48 - You will have Your song in 1-bit quality (beeper). Of course still 3 channels.

Greetz,
Y

PS: If You plan to use ZX48 and the SampleTracker, I can test for sure what sample-format does it use exactly. But actually we should rather move this conversation into "Other Vintage Computers & Consoles" corner, hahah. wink Although the sound-chip is the same in both machines. wink

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Feb 14, 2013 1:33 pm)

Nomad's Land

Been trying to wrap my head around it for some time now, but I just can't figure it out. How do I change the octave, for example? And more importantly, how do I prepare a .tap with samples that will actually work? wink So, if you'd open up a tutorial thread, I'd greatly appreciate it (and possibly some other people here, too).

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Feb 14, 2013 7:36 pm)

The Rubber Man

Aha. OK, I will.

Done: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10202 … -spectrum/

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm)