Philadelphia

I'm sorry that I'm making another one of these topics because I've seen them everywhere and I know it must be annoying by now. So I've been having the common problem of windows 7 (64-bit) not wanting to detect my ems cart. I've followed the instructions on how to install the drivers to the letter and I've not been able to get it to work. I've also tried starting up Gb_usb before I plug the cart in and no dice. Switched the cable I was using as well as the usb port; nothing. I even started windows up in the mode that allows for unsigned drivers to be loaded and no matter what I do, it always ends with the device being detected, windows looking for drivers, and then saying "no driver found". I also went into the device manager, opened up the properties on what the cart should be (it shows up as unknown device in the manager) and try to load the drivers via the "update driver" option but no luck.

It's starting to get a bit frustrating now and I'm wondering if anyone out there could possibly offer any help at all. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

EDIT: If you're suffering from the same issue I described above, try the files from this topic because they ended up working for me when nothing else did: http://hkems.proboards.com/index.cgi?ac … amp;page=1+

EDIT2: It's been brought to my attention that the files from that post are no longer available, so I've uploaded them on dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1uyo6kf7bmn7 … modded.zip

Last edited by SubWooferSpecial (Nov 10, 2013 1:07 am)

Granada, Spain

Just turn on your computer and push F4, F5 or F8, i dont remember what of these keys work, and select the option than enables you to install all the drivers, even if theire are not "signed"?

Sorry, im spanish/n00b pc user and whatever, but it works.

You also can try killing a virgin, it works fine to me.

Philadelphia
Skycstls wrote:

Just turn on your computer and push F4, F5 or F8, i dont remember what of these keys work, and select the option than enables you to install all the drivers, even if theire are not "signed"?

Yeah I'm in that mode already. It hasn't been working. I'm still getting the same error.

You also can try killing a virgin, it works fine to me.

Also tried that. sad

New Albany Indiana

Try killing a bunch of new born baby's, virgins arn't pure enough.

Philadelphia

Okay so it looks like I've found the only solution that works for people in my case. I went ahead and downloaded a modified version of the files found in this other topic: http://hkems.proboards.com/index.cgi?ac … amp;page=1

Installed them and worked like a charm. So if anyone else has been encountering my problem, I suggest giving those files a try!

I think it's hilarious that taken out of context, Skycstls said "Sorry, im spanish"

Don't be sorry dude

Chicago IL

i mean he said it IN context too

Chicago, IL

i have two ems carts and I am yet to have one of them die. So when one of them does, does that mean the cartridge is trash, or does it mean i have to replace the battery thing and reflash the cartridge?

Philadelphia
squidula wrote:

i have two ems carts and I am yet to have one of them die. So when one of them does, does that mean the cartridge is trash, or does it mean i have to replace the battery thing and reflash the cartridge?

You should be able to just replace the battery and be okay, although of course, all of your songs will be lost.

Thanks  SubWooferSpecial,

That was very helpful.

NC in the US of America

Make sure you backup your sav like, everyday.

Philadelphia
SketchMan3 wrote:

Make sure you backup your sav like, everyday.

Yep. Been doing this like crazy. I'm already a paranoid mess and have 3 different drives with the same sav files/folder directories on them.

Again thanks to everyone who has tried to help me solve the problem in the other threads.

SubWooferSpecial wrote:

Okay so it looks like I've found the only solution that works for people in my case. I went ahead and downloaded a modified version of the files found in this other topic: http://hkems.proboards.com/index.cgi?ac … amp;page=1

Installed them and worked like a charm. So if anyone else has been encountering my problem, I suggest giving those files a try!

Did you have to do anything else?

I had GB_USB working before, but now I had to do a system back up, and it won't work. I don't remember how I got it to work back in the day but I've been working on this all day and now it's really frustrating. I cannot here's what I've done so far.

Run Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider:

Enable "Test Mode"
Sign a system file: C:\Users\stevens\Desktop\Backup\LSDJ\GB_USB\EMSLink_amd64.sys
Sign a system file: C:\Users\stevens\Desktop\Backup\LSDJ\GB_USB\EMSLink_ia64.sys

Exit program
Reboot computer.
Start GB_USB
Plug in USB cart

The USB port tries to install the driver, then this message comes up:

Device driver software was not successfully installed.

Also, the "Found new Hardware wizard" will not pop up.....

And I finally got it to work before posting this. Maybe I'm a tard, but this might be helpful to people in the future.
I opened up the device manager. Previously in the day I was trying to install the driver in the "Transfer Cable Devices" and "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", then finally when I was about to rip my head off, I saw Other devices, opened it up and added the driver manually by linking to the folder where GB_USB was. The computer found and successfully installed the driver. Now I'm back to backin' up. Yay

Philadelphia

All I did was install those modified drivers, ran the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and followed the steps mentioned in the manual.

Sweeeeeeden

Despite popular belief, it's never, ever necessary to sign the file EMSLink_ia64.sys on a normal Windows installation. What we know as x64, or just Windows 64-bit bears the technical name AMD64, even if it's an Intel CPU. IA64 is an obscure architecture used in some high end servers, and is not directly compatible with x86.
Not that it hurts to sign that file too, but you don't need to.

New Albany Indiana

I had the same problem.... just had to pull out my old windows xp  XD