Hello,

My name is Alessandro and I am writing from Brighton, U.K. (but I am actually Italian). Now, I am absolutely new to this kind of music so sorry in advance for any kind of 'blasphemy' I may say and naturally feel free to mock as much as you want. smile I also hope I opened this thread in the right section of the forum.

My question is very easy: with Nanoloop is possible to use just 6 instruments in the same song? This seems quite a limit for me, especially because I like to sample (I hope this is the right verb in English) piece of movies, games or TV series. There is an easy way to avoid this possible 'nuisance'? Oh, I forgot to say: I use Nanoloop (latest version) on my iPhone.

Thanks in advance and take care!

Chicago

You'd be surprised how much you can do with 6 channels. 6 is more than enough.
Here's some of the best of what people are doing with the program:
http://brightprimate.bandcamp.com/album … osse-vol-2

You can import samples into the program. Or, just layer them over in the song when you master.

and your english is great, don't worry about it ^_^

Oh, thank you! smile

I've listen to the album you sent me and it is great! smile Especially thinking they did everything with Nanoloop (that seems to me quite an easy program!). But what 'scare' me more is that as I said I would love to sample different piece from different movies (around 7 different small pieces for my first song) and if I didn't understand wrong you have to assign every sample to a different 'instrument' (may I say 'track' or is that wrong?). There is a way to do that? Thank you in advance, and thank you for the support!

Chicago

you can only sample two seconds of audio at a time in an instrument.
if you're looking to do samples, based on how you're thinking of using them, I would simply add them after you have recorded the track.

Chicago

or are you using the samples musically?

Two seconds are good enough, i just have to sample two-three words. smile But I guess is not possible to add 5-6 of these recording to the track, right? I should done this on my laptop after I created the music with other software?

BOSTON

it might be easier to do it just with a laptop, but you can do up to 8 different samples on the iphone nanoloop (i think). also there are a ton of other iphone apps that will sample and playback on a beat, such at RealBeat (reviewed here :http://iosmusicandyou.com/2011/09/01/ios-music-news-realbeat/ ), that might be an wasier way to go about it. Good luck!