washington

I wrote a song in LSDJ on my computer. I want to record it, I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

buffalo, NY

in windows select your recording device to be "stereo mixer"

washington

Is there any free recording software I can get?

Rochester, NY

Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Sweeeeeeden

Use BGB and use the built-in wave export function.

Iowa

Some emulators should have audio recording in the options

NSW, Australia

As nitro2k01 said, emulators such as BGB and KiGB have wave export functions, hope that helps.

washington

Thanks everyone, I should have it posted in no time smile

NSW, Australia

Looking forward to hearing it dude smile

Buenos Aires, Argentina
danimal cannon wrote:

This is not recommended in the GB, because you will lose the stereo capabilities of the Game Boy mixing the stereo output.

uhajdafdfdfa

no computer i used in the last five years allowed me to record from the internal sounds (without something like JACK?)... i thought that was a deliberate anti -piracy measure

Gosford, Australia
ant1 wrote:

no computer i used in the last five years allowed me to record from the internal sounds (without something like JACK?)... i thought that was a deliberate anti -piracy measure

i thought mine didn't, but then i learned of a registry hack to enable it. nifty!

NC in the US of America

I only use old computers. All mine allow stereo mix recording.

Delek wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

This is not recommended in the GB, because you will lose the stereo capabilities of the Game Boy mixing the stereo output.

In this context, Stereo Mix does not mean "Mix the Stereo", lol. "Mix" in this case, means "output" and Stereo means stereo. Recording from "Stereo Mix" records the sounds that come out of your speakers, in stereo. There is also a "mono mix", which records the sounds coming out of your speakers in mono. Some sound cards refer to it as "Speaker Mix"

It's always baffled me how few people know about the stereo mix option of the "Recording Settings" in Sound Control.

Gosford, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

It's always baffled me how few people know about the stereo mix option of the "Recording Settings" in Sound Control.

refer to ant1's previous post and also mine wink

washington

I feel like such a failure, I can't find the wave export function.

Edit: I found it. Bi-winning!

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 9, 2012 4:29 am)

washington

Ugh, BGB is such a piece of shit. It keeps freaking out, how do you record onto Audacity?