Sweden

Hello everyone! smile

I have an idea, but since I'm new to this place I'm probably not the first one with this idea...or an idea similar to mine.

Anyway...

I'm looking for people who like to make chipmusic for the fun of it.

What do you say we start a "collaboration" where we once in a while post a theme and then each of us make a song based on this theme?! For example...medieval, dubstep, only three sounds playing at once, time limit (48 hours), song length (1 minute),happy or sad, music fitted for a space game, action game or platformer, titlescreen/loading screen/hi-score, a remix of a specific song...whatever that sounds fun and challenging. These are just a few suggestions.

The songs should be created specifically for this...in other words no old songs that you have lying around.

If you are interested, help me make the "rules", since I want you guys involved.

The purpose of this is to create and be able to listen to some great new tracks, challenge ourselves and have fun.

This might also be a good way to listen to several songs and maybe make out the essence in a particular style. "Why does her song sound better than mine?" Hell, we might even learn something from it. smile

What do you think? Are you in?

//Maz

Last edited by Maz (Jun 16, 2012 7:57 pm)

Russia, Moscow

I'd say this is what the BotB is good for.

Last edited by Shiru (Jun 10, 2012 12:56 pm)

Sweden

Thanx for the tip Shiru. I'll check it out. smile

Maybe someone is interested to do it also on this page...but not as a battle?!

Maz wrote:

but not as a battle?!

they call them battles, but the competitive attitude is non-existent. Botb is a magical place, where everyone can be a loser. XD    Either way though I'm down.

Sweden
shitbird wrote:
Maz wrote:

but not as a battle?!

they call them battles, but the competitive attitude is non-existent. Botb is a magical place, where everyone can be a loser. XD    Either way though I'm down.

I'd fit right in then. wink

I had a look at Botb. It seemed massive. I didn't really know where to begin. smile I guess I just have to give it more time. Maybe I should start a theme there then?!

Everyone is able to start a "battle" and have others join it, right?!

yup! You may or may not have to rally some people up. Go on the IRC channel and holla!

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I'm 100% up for this! Sounds like a really good idea

Chicago IL
Maz wrote:

Everyone is able to start a "battle" and have others join it, right?!

well, you have to have a certain amount of b00ns to start one, which you can earn through taking part in other battles.

Who makes chipmusic for not fun?

Russia, Moscow

Chip slaves?

Sweden
Frostbyte wrote:

Who makes chipmusic for not fun?

I meant no competition and non-profit.

I am a sidslave though
...and proud of it. smile

Portland

I'm down yeah.
This might kickstart me back out of writers block haha.

.FILTHadelphia

Sounds like Saskrotch's competition. Either way I'd enter for sure though.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Sounds like it's right up my alley as well. I'd jump on this.

Oh and I suggest a honkey tonk throwdown.

North Carolina

im down for it!

Chicago IL
defiantsystems wrote:

Sounds like Saskrotch's competition. Either way I'd enter for sure though.

yeah if someone wants to organize something with all the rules / ideas i came up with it's fine, but i really don't feel like organizing another one.

original thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6426/ … challenge/