I have fallen in love with the sounds of the VIC-20.  I found a native music tracker called Vic-Tracker (many of you probably know about) but I have absolutely no idea how to get the binary onto the actual system. Any ideas?

Milwaukee, WI
Saskrotch wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

Somebody help this guy, quick!!!

Vic-20 and c64 disks are interchangable so if you know someone/have something that can transfer files from PC to c64 you can do it that way.

Doing the transfer on the Vic-20 itself is going to be an absolute pain, when I do mine I copied them to tape. (using WAV-PRG)    (you'd need a C2N tape drive to do that but it's the absolute cheapest way to transfer files from PC to Commodore 8-bits)  To get them onto disk I use a C64 and TAPE2DISK to do the transfer. (I have no expansion memory so it's the only way for me)

Oh Fisichella is arguably a better music tool on there if you write loop-based stuff.  Neither of them do the fancy "new waves" though.

tbh though I'd just stick with an emulator.

Last edited by 4mat (Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm)

Sorry, man. I can't do fakebit stuff. Just doesn't feel right, you know? Keepin it real.

Last edited by goob47 (Jun 10, 2012 10:41 pm)

rochester, ny
goob47 wrote:

Sorry, man. I can't do fakebit stuff. Just doesn't feel right, you know? Keepin it real.

lol

goob47 wrote:

using an emulation of a real device isn't "fakebit".

Last edited by 4mat (Jun 10, 2012 11:14 pm)

Sweden

I have a 1541U, but I guess you could use one of these.

Sydney, NSW
goob47 wrote:

i hope to god you're joking

Chicago IL
Chainsaw Police wrote:
goob47 wrote:

i hope to god you're joking

nah dude he's an expert

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

FAKEBITF0LYF

Unsubscribe

The name goob47 will forever stand as a mark of integrity.

sweden

goob47 pls

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
TSC wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Saskrotch wrote:
Auxcide wrote:

Whoa. This is getting trippy now.

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 11, 2012 5:52 pm)

to get back on track, there was a programmable cart released for the Vic-20, however you'd need to recompile Vic-Tracker to run in the cart space, or have it unpack to memory from the cart. (both probably more hassle than just having a disk drive)

バード大学
nordloef wrote:

goob47 pls

Wait a minute 4mat r u tryin to make me use emlutator?