NC in the US of America

Just curious. I saw a slightly similar thread, but it was more focused on melody than just a musical piece in general (and not everybody writes melodious music, ya know?)

I'll start. Being a chiptuner with out a working Gameboy or cart (or any other chipmusic-dedicated hardware), composing music using LSDJ in BGB with cheap speakers inspires me. I think I get a feeling of satisfaction knowing that the sounds coming out of BGB are as close as an emulator can get to the real thing, so it makes me feel confident that what I'm creating sounds good.

VBA not so much. Although it still gets the job done, I don't feel as inspired when using that emulator.

Another thing that inspires me is when my little sister says "It doesn't bother me. I like this song." when I apologize to her for making her have to listen to my tunes over and over while I'm tweaking/jamming.

mainz, grmny.

You must have a great sister there. + no headphones.

Personally, I get inspired by listening to music. Generally speaking, but also + especially when listening to new music that absolutely blows my head off.
It inspires me in a creative way, but also in a way of motivating me. What I feel then is pretty much this:
... must... make... music...

mainz, grmny.

Oh wait, it was about the BEST work?

We simply do that while taking a shit.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jun 13, 2012 3:14 am)

California

Goofing off and not thinking about trying to write my best song ever. If I try and force an idea it usually doesn't turn out as well as one that came straight out of the blue.

the idea of showing someone something that will make them happy

knowing the satisfaction of making something you think is good can make you want to write more

listening to other music

Bronx, NY

In my case, anger is the most inspiring. Writing music is actually really difficult for me other wise.

rochester, ny

I get inspired seeing live bands. I'll watch a band live and hear an awesome song and get a million ideas and immediately run home and write.
Then I'll get the chance to play my song live and it's beyond addicting performing it. And I then want to keep doing that.
So live music, I guess.

Lexington, KY

I suppose it "inspires" me when musicians I like come out with good jams because then I steal them and change the PU Duty cycle. YAY!

canada

my mirror

Centreville, VA

I've been huge movie fan for most of my life and I get a lot of inspiration from them. It really sets off my imagination.

Chicago IL

playing a really good show. not meaning my performance was great, but all the other acts.

BOSTON

I really just like noodling around with music. like its my absolute favorite thing and has been my whole life.

Portland

Lexington, KY
Dos wrote:

This will NEVER EVER go out of style. I demand you make a meme of this.

Philadelphia

I tend to get most of my work done either at really early hours in the morning or at work when I'm not doing anything.

BC, Canada

Well, I try to listen to chiptunes (both modern and old-school 8/16bit game music) when I can and that influences my work. I usually just think of a tune while I'm doing something else (anything, really). I whip out my GameBoy, think of a random chord progression and key signature, then tap away.

My own Famitracker and DAW work even influences my LSDJ work to a certain extent...

Last edited by munchluxe63 (Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am)