i'm pretty sure this is your main problem right here

Bit wish wrote:

2, i get my recording cable and plugg it into my gameboy advance

those things sound pretty awful, use a regular GB

New Albany Indiana

i got two brand new ones on ebayXD

washington
Bit wish wrote:

Yes, i am using the mic port that's built in to my computer.

There's your problem.

Get one of these beasts.

washington
Bit wish wrote:

Yes, i am using the mic port that's built in to my computer.

There's your problem.

Get one of these beasts.
Edit: Audacity is for winners.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jul 22, 2012 11:27 pm)

New Albany Indiana

hmm i look into it

Bristol, UK

I used garageband until I discovered how awesome reaper is

Russian Fedration. Moscow City

Sound Forge 9.0 moofucker, do you know how to use it? big_smile

Savannah, Georgia

i use fl studio, personally. pretty good for newbies, not too expensive, and lets you do a lot of stuff, especially with the 10.6 beta supporting live play that doesn't suck (provided the ASIO drivers don't shit in your mouth).

washington
Aeros wrote:

i use fl studio, personally. pretty good for newbies, not too expensive, and lets you do a lot of stuff, especially with the 10.6 beta supporting live play that doesn't suck (provided the ASIO drivers don't shit in your mouth).

I want to get FL. It looks sick.

Gosford, Australia

there are some things about recording in FL that kinda annoy me. you can't make it punch-in automatically, doesn't loop record etc.
all that stuff doesn't matter if you're recording tracker music though, i suppose!

Savannah, Georgia
Victory Road wrote:

there are some things about recording in FL that kinda annoy me. you can't make it punch-in automatically, doesn't loop record etc.
all that stuff doesn't matter if you're recording tracker music though, i suppose!

actually, loop recording is sort-of possible - you can use a delay plugin at 16:00 with full decay to do just 1-bar overdub recording. not sure what to tell you with everything else. i actually have my DMG route to my speakers through FLS and do mastering and composing as i go - that's the main reason I use FL studio over Audacity and other utilities. i'm pretty sure Live does the same, but hey, i'm not spending $500 for it when i can just throw half that at the folks over at Image-Line and they give me something that does the same job.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I've used FLStudio for years and love it. I don't use it in conjunction with my chipmusic though. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just haven't tried.
I'm going the whole chipmusic = hardware and physical synth route.

Gosford, Australia
Aeros wrote:

you can use a delay plugin at 16:00 with full decay to do just 1-bar overdub recording.

yeah not exactly the same thing but i guess you could use this method for a round or crescendo of sorts. could even use the old fruity delay plugin and set the tempo to half/quarter time, then you effectively have a 2 or 4 bar delay. still a pain to set up and quite limited compared to proper loop recording, though.

punching in might be possible and i'm just a goose. i've been using FL for 10 years and it surprises me how often i find out some new feature that's been in the program since forever!

btw: i use FL to record and mix my lsdj stuff.

Last edited by Victory Road (Jul 24, 2012 1:29 am)

Warwickshire, UK

Cubase 6.5 with a MOTU Ultralite MK3 interface.

uhajdafdfdfa

recorded some music with reaper at the weekend, it's a FANTASTIC piece of software!

New Albany Indiana

kewl, ill try it our. i found that it is best to record each track by its self. but it makes composing harder.