Forest Maze

I'm trying to improve my 2nd and 3rd, so let's hear what you've got to say,

http://nuclace.bandcamp.com/album/l

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by NUCLACE (Jun 19, 2012 12:42 am)

This is actually mad chill and awesome. I like it dude! What did you do it in?

Last edited by Frostbyte (Jun 16, 2012 7:32 am)

Y'know I've gotta say, this is pretty sweet! Nice style.

I'd say watch your mixing, it gets a bit muddy at times. and really focus on making catchy melodies. This is awesome for a first release though, keep it up!

babylon

im about this.

Forest Maze
walter b. gentle wrote:

im about this.

thanks Walter!

Frostbyte wrote:

This is actually mad chill and awesome. I like it dude! What did you do it in?

hey thanks Frostbyte! It's all done in FL.

Zef wrote:

Y'know I've gotta say, this is pretty sweet! Nice style.

I'd say watch your mixing, it gets a bit muddy at times. and really focus on making catchy melodies. This is awesome for a first release though, keep it up!

Thanks Zef. Lately as well I feel like I've been cramming up the high end. So I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices stuff like this.

Philly, PA, USA

this sounds pretty sick. I was hoping with all those fucked characters you'd make something cool

Forest Maze
pixls wrote:

this sounds pretty sick. I was hoping with all those fucked characters you'd make something cool

thanks pixls,

Do you have any suggestions for anyways I could improve for my next release?

Last edited by NUCLACE (Jun 17, 2012 6:57 pm)

Cobalt is my jam. I'd really want to hear some glitched out vocals in your tracks, btw.

Forest Maze
Frostbyte wrote:

Cobalt is my jam. I'd really want to hear some glitched out vocals in your tracks, btw.

thanks again Frostbyte,

and yeah I've tried having some people do vocals, didn't really turn out how I wanted.

Last edited by NUCLACE (Jun 19, 2012 4:18 am)

New Orleans, Louisiana

That first track is absolutely chill.

I'm gettin' down to this.  Good summer evening chillout jams.

My only wish was that Bill Clinton was the actual album art.

Last edited by BenCarignan (Jun 17, 2012 9:16 pm)

Philadelphia

Reminds me of Chrome Sparks (which isn't not a bad thing at all) mixed with some more unique tones. If you keep up with this type of sound and expand upon it a bit further, melody-wise, you're next release will be absolutely fantastic.

Forest Maze
shanebro wrote:

That first track is absolutely chill.

BenCarignan wrote:

I'm gettin' down to this.  Good summer evening chillout jams.

My only wish was that Bill Clinton was the actual album art.

thanks Shane and Ben(assuming those are your real names),

if you guys can think of anything I can do to make my music better just let me know!

and @ben I thought about a more modern alternative as well

SubWooferSpecial wrote:

Reminds me of Chrome Sparks (which isn't not a bad thing at all) mixed with some more unique tones. If you keep up with this type of sound and expand upon it a bit further, melody-wise, you're next release will be absolutely fantastic.

thanks SubWoof, I'm checking out Chrome Sparks now, I'd never heard of him, it is excellent! I'll take that as a compliment! I've been trying to expound more on melodies lately as well, I seem get stuck at a points though and just end up incorporating them as just kind of an atmospheric tone.

Really like the instruments, ideas, and songs. I wish the mastering and mixing was more consistent. Certain tracks are louder than others and sometimes instruments are too loud in the mix. Really really dig it though! Great stuff.

Forest Maze
L-tron wrote:

Really like the instruments, ideas, and songs. I wish the mastering and mixing was more consistent. Certain tracks are louder than others and sometimes instruments are too loud in the mix. Really really dig it though! Great stuff.

Thank you L-tron,

I've been working a lot more on my mastering actually, I've heard this a few times now that certain instruments are really loud, and have been reading a lot and trying to implement more ways on getting all the sounds across clearly. Seems I just need more practice.

orange county, CA

Damn, this is mad dope yo. Good shit.