Medina, Ohio

I decided to make a track with guitar and bass, and i ended up with this guy: http://soundcloud.com/dsv101/tuning-in
Other than LSDJ being a bit quiet, I would like to know what you think about it... Progression suck? Bad Tempo? Too Short? etc.

Thanks,
Dsv101

Russia, Moscow

Needs major mixing and EQ work, I think, because everything sounds really muffled (a wall of mid freq something), with the only bright sound is noise, which is contruary - it has too many high frequencies, and does not blend with anything else.

NSW, Australia

I guess it's a good song, it does need better mixing but i think i shouldn't comment on the music because it's not really my style.

since today is a shit day for me, i can make a quick master of your track, if you send me wavs =]

Medina, Ohio
fuxter wrote:

since today is a shit day for me, i can make a quick master of your track, if you send me wavs =]

Well I have a flac of everything mixed already, and thats it sad This was just experimental, which now I understand doesn't mean just mess around for a few hours xD

Rochester, NY

Was there a lead? from what I could hear the chip is playing the exact same chord progression

even the ramones had a lead melody (it was called the vocals, back when music had vocals)

because you didn't make any cool or catchy riffs you have to rely on whatever lead melody you have to draw in the listener

but there was none idk

CC threads have really worn me out

Medina, Ohio
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Was there a lead? from what I could hear the chip is playing the exact same chord progression

even the ramones had a lead melody (it was called the vocals, back when music had vocals)

because you didn't make any cool or catchy riffs you have to rely on whatever lead melody you have to draw in the listener

but there was none idk

CC threads have really worn me out

From what I understand, this is exactly what I should do for when I make tracks like this one:

Make LSDJ Louder, and have a lead melody
EQ/Mix Better
Add More Variety

Anything else?

I wouldn't approach song writing in such a 'shopping list' fashion. Do what you like, there are no rules.

Gosford, Australia

actually i like to approach a final mixdown like that, having spent a few days listening to the "final draft" mix and then a few more days not listening to it or thinking about it at all. so that when i sit down to tie it all together i actually have a list of things i want to change about it that are still subject to omission.

it's not the same thing as saying "i'm gonna do this better, then i'll do that better", it's quite a lot more specific. it probably wouldn't be the best way for everyone, either. horses for courses!

North Dakota
4mat wrote:

I wouldn't approach song writing in such a 'shopping list' fashion. Do what you like, there are no rules.

^ this.

but as far as my personal preference

I'd ditch the guitar altogether,

go all digital.

guitar has been played out for a long long time, imo.

NC in the US of America

Sounds like something that'd be in a 90's-early-00's skateboarding game.

Medina, Ohio
SketchMan3 wrote:

Sounds like something that'd be in a 90's-early-00's skateboarding game.

I take that as a great compliment smile