Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Russolo wrote:

well its not strictly for chip but how about Renoise

coupled up with some low-bit samples and (maybe) some plug-ins. and you're good to go. :-D

London, UK
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Sabrepulse wrote:

I do this with a windows copy of ableton live 8 (alas, I only have 6 for mac native) and famitracker. Works with old-ish games and most music applications..

well, this is great, cos when I tried crossfire a couple of years ago (early days of mac and desperate-searching for windows solution for it), crossfire couldn't even run photoshop. Great to know it runs ableton for windows! Gonna give it a shot.

but anyway, parallels still work for me for dingoo file-managing and lsdj cart transfer smile

i've been very impressed with it so far, it's very useful.

I'm not sure what gameboy carts you have, but this native mac usb cart manager works a treat

http://thretris.blogspot.com/2009/12/ho … acosx.html

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm)

sunvox looks pretty cool, and cheap! glad it was posted here, def gonna try this thing out

and yes I can second that mac transferer works fine, just take note of the right settings for the right cart (the default settings don't work if you are using a new usb cart)

I tried to buy sunvox but couldn't by credit card 'cause I have a free email address, what the hell!?

Last edited by Battle Lava (Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm)

Carbondale, IL
low-gain wrote:
Russolo wrote:

well its not strictly for chip but how about Renoise

coupled up with some low-bit samples and (maybe) some plug-ins. and you're good to go. :-D

Better yet, throw in some physical hardware controlled by MIDI, like a SID station or a MIDINES while you're at it.

San Francisco
Sabrepulse wrote:

Also, parallels is the long way round getting windows apps emulated on a mac: use crossfire http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ ...

man i am going to have to try this out!

rochester, ny

so far i've had success using DOSBOX and nerdtracker.

i also use KIGB and LSDJ.

you can always use a program like Reason or Ableton live and sample a bunch of stuff. i did that for a long time.

Is KiGB actually any good to use with lsdj, because I've tried GB emulators before on the mac and found the sound emulation pretty bad.  Have I been using the wrong emulators or am I just too picky?

San Francisco

KiGB runs smoothly.... it doesnt sound terrible... its just no the real thing though.