Hi Guys,

I just ordered the 64mb cartridge from Kitch-Bent with a mini usb cable.
Now I've read through a lsdj-wiki and saw a few things i have questions about.
First there is this note:
"NOTE!: Don't use a Game Boy pocket with flash cards because it will drain the backup battery!"

Can someone please explain this to me?

My other questions is about backuping your .sav
I thought i could just drag the .sav from the flashcartridge onto my pc. But I read something about backup devices?
What is a backup device, and how do i get one?

I bet these questions were asked a hundred times in some way, but with googeling I couldn't find something (maybe because it's pretty late here and I'm tired). So i would really appreciate if someone could give me a few answers!

Thanks and best regards,
Tobi

EDIT: Ok I just found something about backing up songs, sounds pretty easy. Using the program that comes with the cart, convert the sram into .sav and split it with the other program into songs.
Now theres just one question left big_smile

Last edited by Amity Level 2 (Jun 22, 2012 9:22 pm)

I never use pockets because on all my carts, LSDJ will just shutdown and turn off within minutes.

It's a shame because I'd really like to use them more often.

washington
an0va wrote:

I never use pockets because on all my carts, LSDJ will just shutdown and turn off within minutes.

On the Kitsch-bent website, it says that you have to use a wall adapter to use the EMS carts on pockets, that might be why.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
basspuddle wrote:
an0va wrote:

On the Kitsch-bent website, it says that you have to use a wall adapter to use the EMS carts on pockets, that might be why.

Hm. I've never had a problem playing an ems on a pocket besides it shutting down due to the processor not being able to handle some stuff.

It does the same for me on bleepbloop AND EMS carts with a wall adapter. hmm But also using a wall adapter voids the reason why I'd want to use the pocket anyway haha

Last edited by an0va (Jun 22, 2012 10:31 pm)

NC in the US of America
Amity Level 2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just ordered the 64mb cartridge from Kitch-Bent with a mini usb cable.
Now I've read through a lsdj-wiki and saw a few things i have questions about.
First there is this note:
"NOTE!: Don't use a Game Boy pocket with flash cards because it will drain the backup battery!"

Can someone please explain this to me?

It means exactly what it says: If you use the game boy pocket with a flash "cart" it will drain the backup battery, which is what the cartridge uses to save your data. If that little battery dies, your data dies with it. FOREVER

Sydney, NSW

my pocket never drained the backup battery! it only drained the actual gameboy's batteries - half an hour of working time in two AAA batteries.

NC in the US of America
Chainsaw Police wrote:

my pocket never drained the backup battery! it only drained the actual gameboy's batteries - half an hour of working time in two AAA batteries.

So, then, the note on Kitsch-Bent is misleading.

Edit: Also, I never could stand the way the batteries behaved for the Pocket. It doesn't even fade out when the battery dies. It just... *POP* and it's off. One time my uncle used aluminum foil to connect a small lamp which used 2 AA batteries to my sister's Pocket (because we were out of AAA's and were desperate to play Wario Land), and it WORKED! Lol. And, when the batteries died, it even faded out like the DMG does.

That was pretty cool.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 23, 2012 4:42 am)

Gosford, Australia

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/82162/#p82162 <- dunno if it's still relevant

Victory Road wrote:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/82162/#p82162 <- dunno if it's still relevant

So the problem seems to be solved? thats good to hear!
Thank you all for your answers!

Tobi