http://www.k1gba.com/gba-console-team-h … -p-37.html

This is not your run-of-the-sweatshop DealExtreme GBA clone. It's a fully reverse-engineered version of the Gameboy Advance (only does GBA functionality, but it supports emulators). It plays cartridges natively as well as using a special flash cartridge that comes with the system for ROMS. I'm curious about how it the sound processing is, because since everything else about it seems to be almost superior to the real GBA hardware. It's $70, and I might drop the cash on it to see how clear and true the sound is.

Anyone else interested in this thing? It even does TV out.

matt's mind

these have been around for a while now, at least the prototypes have been floating around.  gotten a lot of interest, the boot time is a little quicker from what i recall, don't remember if game runtime was altered as well.

russian clone, they've been putting out a lot in the last year or so, taking on the chinese clone monopoly a bit.

Game runtime is supposedly the same - using an ARM variant extremely similar to what was in the original GBA series (ARM7), except it is underclocked to the normal GBA clock speed. Game runtime can be altered, by the looks of things. Mostly to overclock for smoother NES/GB/GBC emulation and MP3 playback.

rochester, ny

If it had an audio out, I would immediately be on board.
Gotta rely on those headphone adapters until then neutral

Czech republic

it should have audio out - but only mono hmm

sweden

What video-signal does it output? Would be cool to replace my clunky gba tv-out adapter.

Abandoned on Fire

It has "mp3 support" so surely thetes a headphone jack?

Sweeeeeeden
egr wrote:

It has "mp3 support" so surely thetes a headphone jack?

If they're really serious about making it work like a GBA SP clone, they could have only the combined proprietary power/headphone socket that existed on the original SP. To plug in headphones, you then need a special adapter.

Abandoned on Fire

Damn it, thats literally the only negative on the sp.

Rochester, NY

Seriously, how hard would it have been to put a real headphone jack on there?  No pics of the back...

sweden
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

Seriously, how hard would it have been to put a real headphone jack on there?  No pics of the back...

Come one man its rocket surgery!

Sweeeeeeden

I'm not saying they didn't put a real headphone jack, because I don't know. I was just guessing.

matt's mind

the internet wrote:

The system is also capable of outputting to a TV in VGA 640×480. It came bundled with a hacked together Composite cable providing video and mono audio out. The TV cable plugs into the charging port. You can toggle between LCD and TV with * + Left, and switch between NTSC and PAL with * + Right. This is another function that initially wasn’t supported at all, was later supported but buggy and now works perfectly. The unit can be charged with an official GBA charger and takes the same battery as the official GBA SP. The speaker is louder than that of a real GBA SP and I’d be inclined to say that it’s marginally better too. Though the LCD will be tailored depending on each manufacturers requirements, it may be worth noting that the screen in my sample was very nice. Viewing angles are better than that of a GBA SP and the screen is way brighter and very crisp despite scaling the 240×160 image to the 320×240 display.

mono out, although this is a review of the prototype

matt's mind

win one!!!