Los Angeles

trying to sync at least 3 micros.

i've seen that 4 plug ended micro cable thingee in this thread:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1361/ … ync-tests/
but I have no clue where to get one. don't see them for sale anywherez. and does that cable actually work for slaving more then 1?

on that note, the standard micro sync cables have that little extension box in the middle. i cannot use that to slave 2 micros to a master (doesn't work), but... is there a mod to make it work that way similar to the DMG-07 mod?

IL, US

i have one of those cables, but only 2 micros, so im not sure yet... if there is anyone in the chicago area with another micro or two (and nanoloop 2.3/2.5) who wants to come by and help check it out, they should let me know...also, the official nintendo cable has a plug in the middle that looks like it may allow for another cable to be plugged into that one (which in combination with the 4-way cable, may allow for a total of 5)..one thing that has me less than optimistic on it: i've noticed that micro cables seem to be directional (as in, my official cable has one end that must be master, another which must be slave), so there's a chance the 4-way cable wont allow for ore than two micros to sync in nanoloop...

Los Angeles

yes i could not get the official cables to work at all to sync more then 1.
i tried every combination and could only get it to sync one or the other, i.e. one slave at a time. i even clipped off that plastic horn piece on the one end so i could plug that end into that middle plug thing, all to no avail -i actually didn't think this would work, but i had to try tongue

have you tried plugging and unplugging your 1 micro into each plug of the 4-way while the other micro is sending master sync? it would be a good sign if each plug triggered sync while hot plugging  the slaved micro...

and yes that plug in the middle! can it be modified to make this work?
i don't have the mod know-how, but i will send one to my friend who did my dmg-07 to look at...  unless someone else here can set me straight smile

Last edited by dasid (Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am)

mainz, grmny.

Not with the official cables.
But Komakuya makes LSDJMC²s. He also made some devices you can plug into the MIDI plugs of the LSDJMC²s + you can sync up to four Game Boys, I think.

Better write him/her/them a mail on your own, I'm not sure if he still does all that:
http://www.komaku.com

Edit:
SORRY!
I absolutely ignored the "Micro"!
But it should work... You gotta tell him that you use these though, so he sends you the right link cable adapter.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jun 25, 2012 3:26 pm)

IL, US

lol, yeah, no issue with other types of game boys, ive synced 4 dmgs & 2 gba sp's at once, sure more is possible, but i downsized my cart collection and cant really test more than 6 at a time at this point