Boston, MA
Auxcide wrote:

But I'm weird and love tiny things with batteries which appear reminiscent of gameboys.  wink

exactly why i love my mini

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
SubWooferSpecial wrote:

Just came across a Korg KP Quad for $175. I may end up getting that for the time being.

If you can find a working Quad for $175, take it. I doubt it'll stay at that price, they normally go up. I'd definitely get a Quad for that price.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

*looks over eBay*
holy shit there's a bunch of them for that price! I might as well get one of those next too.

.FILTHadelphia

miniKP eats fuckin batteries. Just a heads up.

Philadelphia

Yeah they've been really cheap on ebay lately. And I have tons of rechargeable batteries at my disposal so I should be good (I hope)!

EDIT: and the one I wanted to get of course went for only $140... I'm so mad I just got paid tonight and not last week.

Last edited by SubWooferSpecial (Jun 30, 2012 12:31 am)

San Diego, CA

if this means anything, my last two albums have basically been odes to the 10th delay effect on the kp3 -- I think it was the multitap delay?

samples help a lot too. being able to drop 4 Carl Sagans at the same time is a lot of fun to do in a live show smile

KC

I haven't messed with the Quad, but I wish I could.

I don't know if it samples like the KP3 does (which is real handy for chip/electronic music) but having 4 effects at once would kick ass, which is something I lament about the KP3.

The fact that the KP3 samples might be a deciding factor for you also, or maybe not. and I can't recall the maximum sample time of the KP3 off the top of my head either though.

KC

I do enjoy the look and the simplicity of the mini KP though, sometimes less is more