Indiana

Hey guys,

I've posted recently on another thread about this, but I didn't want to hijack it, because I suspect it's a separate issue from the one discussed there.

I got a Nanoloop cart from the most recent batch. It's running version 1.6.3. At first, it was working fine; about a week later, it started to occasionally start with a jumbled splash screen but would then start Nanoloop regularly. In the course of a few days it began to start jumbled more frequently and would occasionally make an error beep sound and start to a screen that looks like this "IOOOOO". These incidents began to be more frequent, and now it rarely ever starts correctly.

I've updated the cart to the most recent version, and I've tested it on all of my gameboys including modded and non-modded versions. It seems to update fine, but it starts so infrequently that it's totally unusable.

Has this happened to anybody else, or does anybody have any advice on dealing with it? Any help would be appreciated!

Sweeeeeeden

Which type of Gameboy are you using? Does the "cartridge" lie flush to the back of the Gameboy, or does it sit at an angle, to there's some space behind it? If you push down the cartridge flat, does it change anything?

Indiana

I've used the cartridge in around ~5 gameboys. It has fit into each console flush to the back like you said with one exception where it sits a little bit farther forward. I've taken the cartridge in and out several times, being sure to push it in fully, so I think it's been pushed down flat?

All of my gameboys are DMG's, but I borrowed a friend's GBC, and it seems to show the same issues.

Milwaukee, WI

I got mine recently and its beeen working fine.  The "Hello" screen gets jumbled all the time, but I figure it's just a recurring quirk.  Are you sure you are pressing start with the little NL logo?  Pressing anything else takes you to the empty banks, and if there isn't anything in them that might be what happens.

Indiana

Oh boy, I feel like a real idiot. That was the problem. I read through the whole manual, and somehow I missed that -_-

Sorry to bother all of you with a dumb question like this; it really was right in front of me. You guys have been a huge help. Thanks so much!

Theta_Frost wrote:

I got mine recently and its beeen working fine.  The "Hello" screen gets jumbled all the time, but I figure it's just a recurring quirk.  Are you sure you are pressing start with the little NL logo?  Pressing anything else takes you to the empty banks, and if there isn't anything in them that might be what happens.

Your avatar made me laugh so hard