Tokyo, Japan

Just had a quick thought, Little-scale and Mr Spastic have both release albums with songs combining various different chips. I have seen little-scale use Mastersystem/Megadrive and 2600 all together and MR S uses Gameboy/c64/NES, I am very gently dipping my toes into SID/opl3/Megadrive stuff which is working nicely.

I realized how much chipmusic seems to be single platform, ie all gameboy or all amiga or whatever. Anyone else mixing different chips in the same song? Blends or sound pallets you really like? I am keen to try Megadrive and NES, I think that will sound great!

England

i just got sent an amazing demo of LSDJ and nanoloop 2.3. um different gameboys? :)

id have problems syncing the c64 cos the tempos are so nutty. i think mister spastic uses a midi box sid thing.

Last edited by Jellica (Jun 25, 2012 7:24 am)

Bristol

I think a quite few people do this, especially those who are just more interested in adding chip sounds to other instruments.. speaking from experience I use a GBA and NES with a MeeBlip... zomg its not truuu chiptunes, but sod it, I like it.

Gosford, Australia

i want to, but it's hard for me to gather the patience to learn another tracker and get everything sorted!
i'm in the extremely privileged position of being able to do DMG + tb-303 stuff though, if i can figure out how (or wing it completely!)

Nottingham, UK

Most of my recent music combines LSDJ and the Yamaha FB01, usually a little guitar here and there too.

Chicago IL

i'm working on one (although i'm half way through like 5 or 6 different releases right now), although not the actual chips usually, but writing across 2 trackers and mixing them in ableton.

this track is written for NES w/VRC6 and Sega Genesis (although i did it with TFM MM, so there's no PSG or ch6 sampling)
http://saskrotch.bandcamp.com/track/frollic-core

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jun 25, 2012 10:22 am)

Holland

Ultrasyd is doing an absolute awesome job coming the Atari ST and Gameboy.

Sydney, NSW

Crunchy GB wav channel, smooth bassy GBA synthesis - this is what I'm planning for in the future for my next release thing.
Maybe the odd bit of Megadrive/Genesis FM as well, once I get the cash to get a midi kit from mr. scale

Iowa

I've been trying to get a Commodore 64 with my Cynthcart and use it for the melodies and using LSDJ for pulse channel sound effects and noise channel

Brunswick, GA USA

Nothing new about it but Tree Wave http://www.treewave.com

uhajdafdfdfa

is it easy to sync different systems trackers? i guess a lot of computers run at 50hz or whatever and that's standard? i don't know

Paris, France

Going to do GB X MD once I get the GenMDM, for the pleasure of the B4$$ smile

sweden

I made a track with NES and C64 a couple of years ago.

Milwaukee, WI

I haven't done too much simulataneously, but since my setup is DJ oriented I think about flavor combos a lot.  Right now working on NES/Atari ST mixes, and Nomad/GB mixes.

Brunswick, GA USA
ant1 wrote:

is it easy to sync different systems trackers? i guess a lot of computers run at 50hz or whatever and that's standard? i don't know

Tree Wave's tools are played live from Qwerty keys...

Edinburgh

This uses LGPT (mainly SNES instrument samples) & C64, via MSSIAH + piggy=>midi.