Seems like it's been ages since anyone released even any little one-trick pony music/sound/noise rom.

Tokyo, Japan

Not that I'm aware of. I think NL, mGB and lsdj have all the bases pretty well covered. Are you trying to do something those programs can't?

I'd just like more glitch/art/generative/live-performance-centric things, nothing specific. Especially really noisy things along the lines of Shitwave or Pixlh8 Deathray smile

But yeah, mGB + midi can i guess make as crazy and realtime noises as I'd like, however I don't like the aesthetic or expense of surrounding a gameboy with arduino, midi controller, laptop etc etc smile

Just wondering/hoping in general. smile

I looked at gameboy coding tutorials for like 20 seconds and then gave up haha

Unsubscribe

Id rather see some software on other handhelds.

Im guessing that the whole iOS world makes the idea of music on game handhelds less attractive for indie devs.

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, im kinda sad the Ethan dropped pspseq, it was so close to being bad ass.

Cementimental wrote:

I'd just like more glitch/art/generative/live-performance-centric things, nothing specific.

There is nanovoice. Give that a look.

IL, US

and most of 8cylinder's software would fit what you're looking for

Abandoned on Fire

There's that new GBA-specific tracker that's still being developed that I can never remember the name of... (hang on, I'll find it)

Tokyo, Japan

Smikers thing? That has been dormant for months?

Abandoned on Fire
Lazerbeat wrote:

Smikers thing? That has been dormant for months?

No, theres another one thats moving along pretty quicly but it has an unfortunate name I cant remember.  Logo is a little fox dude.

Milwaukee, WI

Chipsune!

Abandoned on Fire
Theta_Frost wrote:

Chipsune!

That's the one!

Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chipsune/124212437700974

Thanks Lazerbeat and e.s.c. for the recommendations but I am pretty confident I've downloaded and tried every homebrew music/sound rom which exists on the GB hence my question about possible future ones. smile Those are cool indeed. smile

Chipsune looks nice, I shall have to try if/when i get a new DS (it broke and i need one in a roundabout way to get things onto my GBA flash cart) Thanks for the infos

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've been wishing for a more fully featured thing like mGB for ages - something where you can add and modify scales, make tonal changes, use the WAV channel, or make tones that use multiple channels? And save presets.

Not an insignificant project, I realize, but a guy can dream, right?

There's Fatass, but I haven't seen anyone use it. Also, I think it's pretty old too

Riverside, CA

My buddy and I are starting work on a visual novel for the Game Boy, should be pretty cool it we finish it.

rochester, ny
kineticturtle wrote:

I've been wishing for a more fully featured thing like mGB for ages - something where you can add and modify scales, make tonal changes, use the WAV channel, or make tones that use multiple channels? And save presets.

Not an insignificant project, I realize, but a guy can dream, right?

i think you mean muddygb, not mgb, right?