London, UK

So hey,

i'm thinking about getting a DSI Prophet 08.

anyone here have any recommendations of analog synths in the <£/$2000 price range?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I definitely recommend DSI.
They have the best Digitally Controlled analog synths on the market.

Unsubscribe

do you want new or used? Id get an mks-80 if you can find one.

York, Yorkshire

Not actually heard of DSI hmm   That sure does look sweet!   It was the Prophet 5 VSTi which made me go and buy a Virus, love those fat sounds.

I might get saving for a DSI now big_smile

Ohio

I can personally recommend a Mopho.  It's mono, but it has a lot of fun stuff in a little box.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I own a mopho.. totally kicks as.. For real.. Dave Smith Instruments.. only way to go..

You look at things like the moog "lil phatty" and it's like.. wtf.. you can't tweak res and freq on the filter at the same time.. LAME
I lost my faith in Moog after Bob died.

Mopho, Tetra, Prophet 08  are the way to go. they sound AMAZING
i've heard every one, between my friends and i we own their entire catalog. :-D
There is a new keyboard version of the Mopho coming out very soon... I will own it! :-D

IL, US

another mopho user here...you just get one too, logan?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:

another mopho user here...you just get one too, logan?

Yes Sir!

QLD, Australia

I'd love a Prophet, but damn import costs make me pay some bullcrap amount ._.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Kuresuna wrote:

I'd love a Prophet, but damn import costs make me pay some bullcrap amount ._.

you gotta find a local dealer that carries them.
or try to talk a local gear store to become a dealer.
Should help cut some costs down. meh.. i'd just save up . honestly.. .they'er totally worth it.
i hope to have a prophet 08 in my DSI collection within the next 3-5 months.

London, UK

yeh i dont mind new/ used but in good condition.

it's either a prophet 08 or an andromeda a6, i can't chose between the two. i really wish i had the money to get both.

i like the old school sounding, classic tones of the prophet.
the andromeda on the other hand, has very rich textures and can create amazing layered pads and arps.

i'm torn :s

Last edited by ultrasparx (Feb 21, 2010 12:20 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

the prophet 08 has very rich textures and can creat amazing layered pads and arps as well.. smile

I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote in for the Korg Mono/Poly.  I could go on for weeks about how amazing they are. XD

Milwaukee, WI

I took a look at the Korg Poly 800.  Looks pretty sweet especially with mods, but I couldn't find any in a decent price range. hmm

Sweden

I have a Poly-800II with a couple of broken keys. I like the filter, patch editing style and the joystick, but the digital oscillators are pretty tame.

Italy

Mopho keyboard is on the way as well, and it's compatible with the Tetra so you could chain them together and have a 5 voice poliphony... I'm thinking about buying a Tetra as well once I have the money... I think the advantage of it towards the Prohpet 08 is that it's got suboscillators, which fatten the sound up a bit. If you still want to go for the prophet, make sure it's the latest model, the old ones had pretty bad knobs afaik