Between a DMG, a pocket and color which has the longest battery life. Im going on trip and I want to know how long I have with each before the batteries die. Also would one of the Game Boy lights that's been modded with a blue LED annoy you?

Savannah, Georgia

DMG has the best battery life, by FAR. you don't even need to know the numbers.

Last edited by Aeros (Jul 1, 2012 8:39 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Aeros, if it has a backlight, I'm not sure that's true... (Compared to non-BL GBC)

The DMG hasn't been backlighted yet as I'm waiting for Kitsch to release the new cases so I can  make a bigger order.

My pocket gets bad battery life, DMGs with a backlight have been awesome to me so far. Is there any way we could extend the battery life on pockets?

Sweeeeeeden

Frostbyte: Yeah, with an AAA sized Li-Ion battery and a spacer.

Savannah, Georgia
nitro2k01 wrote:

Aeros, if it has a backlight, I'm not sure that's true... (Compared to non-BL GBC)

well, assuming all GBs are backlighted. probably should've mentioned that.

nitro2k01 wrote:

What exactly does the spacer do? I can't find an article on them on google. Granted, I'm looking on y phone, but still.

NC in the US of America

My uncle used aluminum foil to wire a 2-AA-battery-powered lamp [night-light?] to my sister's pocket and it worked somehow. When the batteries died the screen faded out instead of just cutting straight off like pockets are known to do.

I wish I knew the specs of that light, and why it was able to work that way.

Anyway... yeah...

Easton, PA, USA

I know their is forum, it may have been on the other site. It had a whole shebang about wiring a Li-on battery into the pocket. Just can't find it now. But ebay has charger n wallwarts for $10.

I hate to sound dumb but can I get a little more info on this?
Would I just need to buy a single one of these AAA's and just wire the pocket to use a single battery? Or do I need two?

Medina, Ohio
sunsp0t wrote:

I hate to sound dumb but can I get a little more info on this?
Would I just need to buy a single one of these AAA's and just wire the pocket to use a single battery? Or do I need two?

From what I understand is that that battery would work fine, but would run out fast because it is only 500 Miliamp Hours...correct me if I am wrong fellow CM.O dwellers... big_smile

Frostbyte wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

What exactly does the spacer do? I can't find an article on them on google. Granted, I'm looking on y phone, but still.

Lithium batteries generally have higher mah and therefore last longer. but instead of 1.5 they have 3something volts (I know lipo is 3.7) so you would need one (I'd recommend rechargable) aaa battery and one dummy aaa that's just a jumper