A gray world of dread

ZIP / VBR MP3 / 21.9 MB / 16:58

Single-sized release with four tracks that represent my attempts at ambient minimal. Some FM, some squares, some arps, some glitches.

Enjoy!

Download

ad-hell-aide

Downloading!

heart the artwork - very minimal but cool. Can't wait to listen.

Adelaide, Australia

Pleasant listening experience. big_smile Kind-of chilled minimal house music. Nicely produced too.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

artwork is very clever!
I've been bitten by a Redback - curse you Australia!

ad-hell-aide

Great release!

Chicago, IL

I really like this. It surprised me a bit because I thought it was going to be a bit more ambient, but I was pleasantly surprised. Noice!

A gray world of dread

Thanks guys! heart

10k wrote:

Did you have to get an anti-venom shot, or were you ok? I'm a bit fascinated by spiders, but you guys seem to have gotten all the nasties- sorry if the artwork conjured any unpleasant memories.

I know this is getting blown out of proportion by media (as usual), but I've watched a documentary on venomous animals the other day, and 95% of the sentences started with "In Australia..."
I picture this emergency station with a row of guys holding signs saying Funnel Web, Inland Taipan, Box Jellyfish and Death Adder, and a nurse handing you Redback and asking you to get to the end of the line tongue

Last edited by µB (Feb 22, 2010 7:34 am)

Finland

Good stuff, liked most of the titletracks (Whitetail especially!).

Utah

I've been enjoying your stuff lately and I really like this release. Good work!

ad-hell-aide

I was just going to mention that I listened to this while I was driving around last night and this morning again. Put me in a nice yet thoughtful mood. big_smile

New York City
little-scale wrote:

heart the artwork

Looks like pussy to me
tongue

Quick listen delivers: RIDICULOUS BASS.
Quick listen delivers extra points for bass-ness.

Will listen properly tomorrow at work big_smile

))<>((
µB wrote:
10k wrote:

Did you have to get an anti-venom shot, or were you ok? I'm a bit fascinated by spiders, but you guys seem to have gotten all the nasties- sorry if the artwork conjured any unpleasant memories.

I know this is getting blown out of proportion by media (as usual), but I've watched a documentary on venomous animals the other day, and 95% of the sentences started with "In Australia..."
I picture this emergency station with a row of guys holding signs saying Funnel Web, Inland Taipan, Box Jellyfish and Death Adder, and a nurse handing you Redback and asking you to get to the end of the line tongue

hahahaha. My girlfriend doesn't ever want to go to Australia for this very reason.

Riverside, CA

To say the very least, this is absolutely dancable.

A gray world of dread
akira^8GB wrote:

Looks like pussy to me

Haha, I'd stay clear of that one unless you're into post-coital cannibalism.

Thanks for listening everyone! I'm enjoying doing this style, so there may be follow-ups some time.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
µB wrote:

Thanks guys! heart

10k wrote:

Because I am no poes I was fine with just some saline in my veins. Got itchy as fuck though.

We do have a lot of things that kill you in Australia. But really, not that many people die from these things. To not get stung by jellyfish, you don't swim where there are jellyfish. To not get eaten by a croc, you don't hang about in creeks in North Queensland. To not get fucked up by snakes, you wear closed footwear and you stick to the path anywhere that might have a snake. To not get bitten by a Funnelweb, you don't poke them with shit (deadshits at my uni forgot this one but somehow got away with it). To not get bitten by Redbacks you put on gloves when you are moving outdoor furniture for your mum (something I will remember to do next time). To not get eaten by a Great White, you don't live in South Australia.

I didn't really sell it, did I? I should say that pretty well all of these creatures only fuck you up as a last line of defense when they are threatened by you.

The kill count is low, is what I am getting at. Our road toll is much higher than all of these things put together.

Oh, great release too! haha.

A++, would rant again.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I am still thrashing this at work.